OT: Three Video Network

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Three Video network are offering

500 Minutes a month ANY network ANY time for £25 INCLUDING vat.

or 750 minutes for £35

what do you peeps think?

Is it for just voice calling or does that package include video mobile as well?

In any case, I think that it is a pretty good deal. I'll paying around 15 pounds a month for 500 minutes, only off-peak to landlines and mobiles on the same network

Sounds good if is is not just an introductory offer, I need to change mine.

£45 for two phones on orange talkshare 200. Got to be a better deal including all networks.

The handsets are pretty dire though. Think battery life measured in hours rather than days... Useful if you want a cheap decorative housebrick though :D

Oh, and the network isn't 3G compliant, whatever they tell you...

The deals are ok, but have you actually used one of the handsets. The standby times are absolutely embarassing!

IMHO the phones are god awful. The new Sony Ericsson Z1010 looks like the first 3G phone that will be worth owning.

Originally posted by scotth_uk
The deals are ok, but have you actually used one of the handsets. The standby times are absolutely embarassing!

IMHO the phones are god awful. The new Sony Ericsson Z1010 looks like the first 3G phone that will be worth owning.

Echo what scott says, I've heard the handsets especially the NEC ones are pretty pants.

S.

can the sims be used in normal phones?

NEC e606:

Battery life (approx*):
Standby: 41 hrs
Talk time: 121 mins
Video call: 63 mins

YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK when compared to any modern GSM phone.....

Sony Ericsson T610:

Performance:
Talk time (Up to):
Standby time (Up to):

GSM 900 14h 315h
GSM 1800 14h 315h
GSM 1900 14h 315h

The 3G SIM can not be used in a conventional 2G Phone.

The offer is 500 minutes with £10 (20mins @ 50p per minute) of video calls.

750 minutes gets you £20 of video calls if I remember right.

Those specs on the e606 are waaaaaaaaay off the mark. I know 4 or 5 people with that handset.
To start with, they could not find ANY info regarding battery life from ANY high street retailer (maybe this has since changed?)
Using the phone very lightly/conservatively a day is modest battery life. Many have said 5 or 6 hours :(
Perhaps that is why you get 2 batteries with the phone! It is also ugly and impractical as well as not being very well specced considering the new 3rd generation's possibilities.

Oh, and 3G coverage is only availabe on major roads and towns at present. You do however get to make 2G voice calls everywhere else.

Only good IMHO if you are next to a charger and make loads of voice calls to rinse em out! :D :bannana:
Just my opinion
Will

Those specs on the e606 are waaaaaaaaay off the mark.

They are the specs from the 3 webpage.....

Half a dozen guys at work have bought the phones and then returned them within 48 hours. Once guy commented that he thought they were on par with the Nokia 2110 analogue mobile!! :)

I work in the geek field, and you would expect geeks to be snapping these things up by the bucketload. Not one tech worker I know has a 3g phone. All have tried one, and thought "maybe next year".....

3g phones can work on 2g phones if the 'loop' is blocked, they have a system which locks up the sim after 1 calls is made, some sites now offer solutions to this.

The handsets have shocking battery power, are the size of 1998 handsets and the connection speeds are afwul...

Wait 6months if I were you

got any links to info so that I can unlock the 'loop' ?

have you got one of the phones vin ? If so, where from , and how much ? I can get hold of one, for a good deal, but the company is proving a little troublesome to deal with so far.

Thanks, S.

I have a 3G phone its the NEC 808 funny looking thing but works ok.

I got it from e2save.com. I on 1000 mins a month for £60. Phone was free and will get £150 cashback

Originally posted by scotth_uk
These e808's are £50 outright now on the 3 to go plan.

FREE on 3 to go, if you know where ... although there is a "short" ordering delay of about a week . . . . will let you know if mine ever turns up !

S.

FREE on 3 to go, if you know where ... although there is a "short" ordering delay of about a week . . . . will let you know if mine ever turns up !

Still too expensive!!! ;-)

You will also experience problems when using the 3g service on the move as the handshaking process with the 2.5g (GPRS) or 2G (Normal Voice) cellular networks is known to be problematic. You'll be told in the shop that when you move out of a 3g coverage area you'll be downgraded to 2g or 2.5g depending on what you're doing but what is more likely is that the call will drop out and you'll have to redial.

This process will of course work in the future but they've rushed to market and are having lots of 'technical difficulties. They don't mention their billing platform problems or poor Customer Care, but then you wouldn't expect them too :)

3G will be great but it's too early. Picture and video messaging is the emerging technology and much more fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom