OT Wireless Modem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 Proper gearbox
I am thinking of getting one of these and wondered if anyone has any experience of them. My main concern is losing connection speed, as it's slow enough as it is through my exchange and there's no Broadband available.

Thanks.

Interesting, been many years since I last saw one of those.

Excellent price and the radio link should not significanlty effect throughput speed. Secuirty may be an issue since I don't believe the DECT protocol has encryption. (Unlikely anyone would be suitably equipped and motivated to listen in though !)

Modern thinking would be to go the WiFi route and ensure your router has, in addition to the broadband uplink, a comm port to activate and route traffic through your existing modem.

The WiFi setup, however future proof, would likely set you back two hundred quid !

I'd risk the radio link you had in mind and save up for WiFi when broadband arrives...

...two and a half pennys worth !

Wireless 56k BT Modem

i bought one recently. from the same site, and at the same reduced price. works absolutely brilliantly! no probs whatsoever, set up is clear and simple. was surfing in 4 mins! its a good buy! also ul get it deliverd FREE as its over £39!

Thanks for that guys,
Mine arrived today; it connects every time with no loss of speed. A nice little gadget for anyone tired of getting tangled in cables.
:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom