OT: Yay!! I'm no longer unemployed!!! :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Some of you may know that I got made redundant in October of last year. Well I had an interview on the 22nd Jan and guess what?? Yup I got the job :D The postman just made his delivery half an hour ago and the company's job offer was nestled in the mail. I start on the 16th Feb as a project engineer with a company called Axonics, the role is very similar to the role of my previous job, only the technology is slightly different... electroflocculation as opposed to membrane filtration but still principally water and effluent treatment. The salary is at the same level as my previous job but the best thing is that the company is based locally so I don't have to commute stupid distances, I was resigned to the fact that I may have had to commute up to 50 miles or so for a new job, that would have meant a round trip of approx 100 miles a day, well that's no longer a concern. :cool:

WWheeeee, I am well chuffed :D

S.

p.s. I know others here are still seeking employment best of luck to those guys!

marcos said:
Congratulations Steve.
Do you have to go near the effluent? :eek:
Thanks Marcos. :D

Heh to answer your question, yep probably but then I had to in the previous job. The worst process stream is probably from wool scouring plants. Dirty little buggers those sheep :eek: Although most antibiotic processes smell quite strong/pungent and if you saw how Marmite was made it'd probably put you off for life :p having said that I still eat the stuff. I should add that I deal mainly with industrial process effluent rather than domestic sewerage.

S.

Nice one Steve - Congratulations !!!

Will buy you an Orange Juice tomorrow to celebrate ;)

S.

sym said:
Nice one Steve - Congratulations !!!

Will buy you an Orange Juice tomorrow to celebrate ;)

S.
Thanks Sym :D I'm also really excited about tomorrow's skid pan GTG too, I was printing routes out on Autoroute earlier. See you there!!

S.

swl said:
So you should be. :bannana: Congratulations and good luck with the new job.
swl,
Thanks :D BTW how are the scratches on hubby's Merc? Did he manage to blend them away?

S.

Steve_Perry said:
BTW how are the scratches on hubby's Merc? Did he manage to blend them away?

I'm afraid he didn't do a very good job. It looked as if he hadn't done anything after applying the touch-up stick and Meguiar's stuff.

Our ex-neighbour (a mechanic, not MB unfortunately) recommended him a place where they can respray the scrateched parts and fix the dent as well. He was supposed to take the car there today and have it back tomorrow. Unfortunately, with the snow on Wed and Thu last, the guy has a build-up with the jobs and can't do the respray till tomorrow.

I have told hubby to take photos to compare before and after the respray job. Will post these when we have them.

swl

Steve - that is great news. I'm delighted for you.:D :bannana: but I'm not even going to try to make any sense of what the job's about:eek:

Steve,

Nice one - congrats.

And close to home too - even better.

K

Congratulations!

Congratulations and good luck in your new job! Really chuffed for you, I know how it feels being redundant over Christmas :-(

Sounds like it's a "s**t job", literally speaking.

Andy

All the best with the new job Steve. :rock: :rock:

About time you did something for your living eh? :D :D
Up to your ears in sh*t sounds good. :bannana: :bannana:

@swl, good luck with that repair, I'll be interested to see the pics. Unfortunately I think some colours are much easier to treat than others with those touch up sticks.

@Pammy, thanks :D D'ah it's like anything... easy if you know what you're doing. ;) Most of the IT speak here goes over my head. The most ironic thing is that out of all the courses I took at university I got my worst marks in automation/control and now that I am working in industry that is one of my greatest strengths and assets. The lecturer concentrated on such high level theory that it's never used in the real world.

@Kinky, thanks :D Yup infact that's the bit I'm most pleased about, it's only just 1 min up the road from where I used to work before I got made redundant. My commuting route is going to be practically identical to the route I've been used to for the last 6 years. Weird that I'd never heard of the company before I saw the job advertised online about 2 months ago.

@GDC, thanks :D I agree with you 100% mate.

@vito, thanks also :D Yeah, the last 4 months have been a sobering experience just living off the reserves in my bank account. Hurah for mortgage insurance I say, without that I would have been stuffed. I also got jobseeker's allowance which is strange as I thought I wasn't entitled to it, but hey I didn't argue with them. Uugh... signing on, that's another depressing exercise I can consign to history, not my most fave of tasks. 's**t job'? hehe not really, I'll be dealing with industrial applications mainly and also water treatment. Fortunately I have never been involved with domestic sewage treatment, phew!

S.

Brian WH said:
All the best with the new job Steve.

About time you did something for your living eh?
Up to your ears in sh*t sounds good. :bannana: :bannana:
Hehe thanks Brian :D Yup I have a MB to support so I couldn't be out of a living for too long :p Up to my ears? :eek: now that just sounds like wishful thinking on your part :p :devil:

S.

I'm really really honestly chuffed for ya.

I must confess I've never been in that position and hope I never will be. If it did - I think I'd just sell-up, and I'd move up North (ironically just up the road from Pammy [100% honestly]).

Congrats again - party tonight then? (don't invite Pammy - she'll just drink all your smirnoff and Baileys)

K

Kinky said:
I'm really really honestly chuffed for ya.

I must confess I've never been in that position and hope I never will be. If it did - I think I'd just sell-up, and I'd move up North (ironically just up the road from Pammy [100% honestly]).

Congrats again - party tonight then? (don't invite Pammy - she'll just drink all your smirnoff and Baileys)

K
Aaaaaw that's not fair - everyone will know what to hide now:( but I'll still find it:devil:

Steve - congratulations, I'm really pleased for you!!!

I assume you negiotated unlimited MBClub access during work hours as part of your deal????

Have a banana :bannana:

Thanks Bob and Jason :D

Kinky,
I'll have a couple of mates round tonight to celebrate but I won't be guzzling the knock down juice as the skid pan GTG is tomorrow!! :D I wanna keep a clear head for that ;)

Pammy,
wow I'm impressed that's a powerful cocktail, so is it Smirnoff with a dash of baileys? t'other way round? or an equal mix of both :p :devil:

*EDIT*

Ed,
Thanks mate :D Umm I'm guessing that my spamming run of the board of late will now slow down somewhat with the new job. :eek: Who's that cheering in the background? :devil:

S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom