Other mercedes clubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Many here also frequent MBOA - me included. I find it worthwhile following both, as I find info and items of interest on both.

With the official club you get free access to the official Mercedes EPC and WIS after about a month [ scheme administered from Germany] It has a forum but its not open to non members.

With the official club you get free access to the official Mercedes EPC and WIS after about a month [ scheme administered from Germany] It has a forum but its not open to non members.

Hands up. I don't know what EPC and WIS stand for. Please could someone explain what they are and or what they are for?

The price is cheaper for the club that publishes the gazette (£38 vs £55)
Will join one I think as I've been paid member on nexus OC and 350 OC and they had great member benefits.

The price is cheaper for the club that publishes the gazette (£38 vs £55)
Will join one I think as I've been paid member on nexus OC and 350 OC and they had great member benefits.

You don't have to pay for the forum at the owners club

Demetrios,

The official club is in your 2nd link, the one which is recognised and supported by MB and is run by members for members, unlike the 1st link, which is a commercial enterprise.

The official club has a huge team of volunteers, whose professional attributes are linked to provide a well run club which provides its members with some fantastic events all around the country (and abroad) on a regional and national basis, both formally and informally, at some stunning locations, as well as technical support with online reference libraries etc.

Some events are model specific, but all others are welcome, whilst the model of the day is display parked. This year, the national SL day is being held at Cardiff Castle for example, with organised, scenic driving events leading up to the day, and deals negotiated on hotels for those who want to make a weekend of it.

The forum is for members only, which makes it quieter, but troll free, and is well laid out in model groups etc. Club discounts are offered with lots of other benefits, and I think it's well worth the fee. Then again, I'm a member, so I would!

Just a word to the wise- the free EPC/WIS package you get with membership of the "official club" does not include commercial vehicles--- or their derivatives ! such as the vito - a few folks have been caught out that way. Point being its probably envisaged that membership access to these information systems is really designed to help individual private car owners and that commercial enterprises should purchase a subscription at commercial rates?? This means owners of Citan, Vito and Sprinter Fleets would have to look elsewhere for their servicing information.

Last edited:
Indeed, the access to WIS /EPC is NOT granted for vitos /vianos , sprinters etc.

If you have not heard of it before GiantVanman, You do not know what you are missing,

I sign up the the EPC for about £20 a year from MB direct and thats always updated. WIS i normally obtain a disc from Ebay , and use that , no problems so far , but can be a bit tricky to install on some systems.

Once you have it , you will wonder how you did without it believe me.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom