Other Options? £8k for something sporty & classy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteNewHere

Following on from my previous thread about the merits of the SL500 and CLK340, i'm wondering what else you guys would recommend for around the £8k mark. I'm looking for something with plenty of grunt and drives well, that looks sporty (coupe most likely, though would consider a sporty looking saloon) and is reliable.

I'm totally new to MBs, so help me please!

c43 or C36

I'm sorry, i'm going to sound really dumb here, but i dont know all these model codes yet. Can someone please point me at a reference site showing me all these motors?

Thanks Howard, was too tired to do that myself! Don't look too closely at the first link - they reckon a C43 has a manual transmission from an SL500 :rolleyes:

Hi Karl...

Just posting the links mate, others have suggested the cars......

You'd get an early e55 for £8k, but i doubt you'd get two ...... ;)

Amazing what a few years' depreciation can do to £60,000 odd...

Many thanks again for all the tips - plenty of food for thought there, though these AMG cars appear to be pretty rare - absolutely beautiful though! I'm going to keep my eyes open on Autotrader and see what comes up. Still hankering over the SL500 though - so much car for your money.

Bide your time Pete - go and try a few cars out. It's easy to sit and drool over *theoretical* purchases at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom