OTT Service Hospitality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sad that people behave this way to people who are less fortunate, but maybe they have a better quality of life than the idiot you saw in action.

I suspect they are happier in themselves too, even with less in life.

Wasn't there a post somewhere about them charging £20 for 'lounge services'? Perhaps this is to justify the charges.

I don't use a main dealer, but I get great customer service from my local Mercedes independent. 

No fancy coffee. No waiting area. Just a cold shed and a very knowledgeable tech. 

What you do get is: 

- if you ask, a complete tour under your car whilst it's on the ramp so you can see for yourself the condition. 
- photos of damaged parts confirming they need replacement. 
- bits of minor work done for nothing 
- car dropped home free of charge. Free lift to the station / anywhere nearby. 
- personal mobile number for the owner with a genuine "call me any time if you need assistance - doesn't matter what day of the week" 

I get on really well with the owner of the place - he's done lots of small bits for me free of charge. Error code resets, checks etc. He even replaced a broken wire under the passenger seat for me and when I offered to pay said "don't worry, it only took ten minutes". Had a flat battery last month and he offered to scoot round and jump it for me - again, for nothing. 

On the flip side I have spent thousands with him over the last few years, so it's give and take. 

Some might argue that he's not charging properly, but the proof is in the pudding. He has taken on more staff, has a full diary and gets 10/10 reviews everywhere on-line. A great little business, and one which is profitable too. Surprisingly so! 

I think his approach is bang on. As long as I have a Benz it will never go anywhere else. Most places can only dream of that kind of loyalty.

Wasn't there a post somewhere about them charging £20 for 'lounge services'? Perhaps this is to justify the charges.

What? the lapdancers? Bloody good value if you ask me.

I've never used the Indie in my town, I did try calling him a couple of times but his wife, who barely speaks English, always answers and takes a message for him to never call back.

I don't know how he stays in business.

Just had a service on a service plan.
Had to wait 15 mins to drop it off. Was then allowed to catch the bus to work. No evidence of coffee, croissants or even customer service for that matter.
Still, it was washed (mostly) although there were still dead leaves in the skuttle.

Well my dealer has a coffee machine, but usually I'm in and out so quickly I don't have time to have one anyway, nor look around the showroom. They gave me a C Cab as a loan car, and then apologized as they were going to give me a CLA but someone else got that 5 minutes earlier. The joy of being on the Service Plan is that I never need to put my hand in my pocket!

Just been looking at service plans. It’s a shame the AMG150 offer has finished.

Out of interest, what are MB like for courtesy cars nowadays? I’ve always found Jag and Audi very good in terms of availability and quality of cars, but have heard mixed views on MB.

When mine goes in for a service i hang around for a cuppa to get the eyes open then sod off to Morrisons for a full Scottish breakfast then waddle back to the dealership to pick up the car, if it isnt ready i sit on their sofas and drift off into a dream world where my car is actually being worked on and the servicing work is being carried out as per the manufacturers requirements.

Then i wake up and the car has had a wipe down with an oily rag.

Kenny

I have to admit when visiting the dealership I do expect to have free drinks etc.

It’s no different to most other marques like Jaguar, BMW.

When we take the wife’s Aygo to the dealership Toyota offer a similar service so I suspect most have to these days.

I’m like KennyN I normally wait for the car or if I feel like it wander into the city and have breakfast and do some shopping.

I’m retired so not normally in a rush but that said I’m not known for my patience.

If I’m waiting it also gives me a chance to view the stock in Robinson’s and look or sit in cars out of my price range.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never used the Indie in my town, I did try calling him a couple of times but his wife, who barely speaks English, always answers and takes a message for him to never call back.

I don't know how he stays in business.

Maybe he knows you. :p

Hospitality is becoming the trendy thing in the retail area apparently. Consumers need a "buying experience" according to the experts.:dk:

I have no problem with that; it's the "paying experience" that spoils it for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom