Ouch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Burger

Car
2007 SL (R230)
Just had the 4 year B service completed on the SL... £1000 + and at the end they informed me that my rear tyres don't have a lot of life left in them. In fairness they're right... about 2mm tread left and as we're planning on taking it to Germany in a weeks time, that's another expense.

Olly gave me a more competitive price for the service but still expensive even for an independent due to the items that needed replacing. I decided for this year to have MB do it just to avoid any hassle with the warranty and mobilo etc.

It just seems everything has conspired against me this month...

Car road tax.
2nd car road tax.
Bike road tax.
Bike insurance.
New bike back tyre.
Car service.
Car rear tyres.

I consider the car service being the big 4 year one and the tyres both bike and car to be extraordinary expenses in that they won't occur that often, but having them all hit in one month is awful timing.

Anyone want to assist me with a bank job? :)

What on earth did they do to justify £1000+ for a service?

What on earth did they do to justify £1000+ for a service?

B Service, spark plugs (12 of them), fuel filter (2.5 hour job), air filter, brake fluid. The 'book' quote was £1085 but they gave me a 10% overall discount so £976. On the day they discovered an oil weep from the left bank cover and fixed it for £52 and suggested the wipers needed replacing. Total £1050!! I believe the fuel filter alone is 72 quid. It all adds up.

Regards,

Next time just remove your trousers, underwear and assume the position, makes it so much easier for them to do a propper job! :rolleyes:

There's no let up in costs at the moment is there!:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom