Ouch :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
Some of you here have met my wife Allison so this is slightly more personal to some on here. I had a call from her yesterday morning whilst I was working away - she had had a bit of an accident - turns out it was a little more serious than that.

She had slid on ice (along with 4 others) straight into the side of a Micra parked sideways across the road in a very minor 4 car pile up. Very little damage done at all to all the cars, but both her CRX now at 45 degrees and the Micra were now not entirely on the correct side of the road. She gets out to swap check the micra driver and finds herself stood on sheet ice. Enter white van man from the bend behind her and heading towards a now partially blocked road ...............

He came around the corner and hit her CRX on the N/S rear quarter throwing her car into her and bowling her down the road. Unfortunatly her face took a lot of the impact and shes looking pretty beaten up right now.
Massive gash on her head plus others to nose/chin/cheek that completely soaked her coat, Blouse and trousers, a couple of chipped teeth and a face full of gravel formed the basis of her injuries but she also has no skin on both knees, a broken big toe on her right foot and about 15 bruises spread all over!

I will try and find the car tomorrow and get it recovered but i have been told its been totalled - this is just days after I fitted a new gearbox, clutch, serviced it and it had a fresh MOT just last saturday.
I'm pretty thankfull that she managed to get away so lightly, especially as she could have been caught between the 2 cars and that quite frankly just doesnt bear thinking about .

Any accident you can walk away from is a good one

Mark

Really sorry to hear that Mark!

I wish her a speedy recovery.

I am a strict believer in whatever is always for the best - and you don't realise it at the time... it may have been worse, if she was in the car and as you say the car is totalled, so I am glad she wasn't it in.

Again, I hope she gets well soon.

really sorry to hear this - b**** the car, I really hope she gets better soon.

wowsers , pass on my sympathys to Allison.

Glad she's alright tho.

Sorry to hear the news. Hoping she's Mrs M3S is mended very soon.

Sounded a sore one. I think I speak for most of the members here in wishing her a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes;)

Indeed, I was about to say that it was lucky the car took the brunt of the impact and pushed her out the way. Getting trapped between or taking a direct hit from the van doesn't bear thinking about. Hope she gets well soon.

As for the Rex... :`(

Many thanks for the good wishes guys and I will show her this thread in the morning when she wakes up, assuming she has a better night than last night where she hardly slept at all.
In her normal non confrontational style she refused to prosecute the Transit driver because she felt the accident itself was unavoidable even if his speed could be slightly innapropriate.

It turns out the police had closed the road the previous night due to several accidents on black ice, but that morning someone had removed the cones and signs to use the road :confused: That single act of selfishness has cost a lot of people in damaged body parts and vehicles but much more importantly could have killed someone.

Crikey! Wishing her a speedy recovery, you got some pampering to do Mark ;)

Best wishes all the way from Sydney for a speedy recovery! Sorry to hear this bad news.

I wish Alison a speedy recover...

Best wishes to you and the Mrs, Mark.

If there is anything I can do you have my number.

Some of you here have met my wife Allison so this is slightly more personal to some on here. I had a call from her yesterday morning whilst I was working away - she had had a bit of an accident - turns out it was a little more serious than that.

She had slid on ice (along with 4 others) straight into the side of a Micra parked sideways across the road in a very minor 4 car pile up. Very little damage done at all to all the cars, but both her CRX now at 45 degrees and the Micra were now not entirely on the correct side of the road. She gets out to swap check the micra driver and finds herself stood on sheet ice. Enter white van man from the bend behind her and heading towards a now partially blocked road ...............

He came around the corner and hit her CRX on the N/S rear quarter throwing her car into her and bowling her down the road. Unfortunatly her face took a lot of the impact and shes looking pretty beaten up right now.
Massive gash on her head plus others to nose/chin/cheek that completely soaked her coat, Blouse and trousers, a couple of chipped teeth and a face full of gravel formed the basis of her injuries but she also has no skin on both knees, a broken big toe on her right foot and about 15 bruises spread all over!

I will try and find the car tomorrow and get it recovered but i have been told its been totalled - this is just days after I fitted a new gearbox, clutch, serviced it and it had a fresh MOT just last saturday.
I'm pretty thankfull that she managed to get away so lightly, especially as she could have been caught between the 2 cars and that quite frankly just doesnt bear thinking about .

Mark

Really sorry to hear that, hope she makes a speedy recovery, could have been so much worse that it doesn't bear thinking about.

Hope Mrs A isn't hurting too much this morning. I also hope the scrote that removed the signs catches ebola or some other painful infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom