Oulton Park Gold Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ade B

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 Accord Tourer iCDTI EX
Anyone been to this, is it a good day out or for hardened petrol heads only?

Am in the area visiting family and if the sun shines tomorrow...

Ade

It's open-wheelers on Sunday and 70s Road Sports, Historic Saloons & Historic Road Sports, etc, on Monday

HSCC racing is very well-organised so it'll be non-stop racing both days. The paddock will be as interesting as the racing in some ways - the variety of cars will be amazing

Timetable here

I've never spectated at Oulton Park, only raced there, but there's a long right-handed double-apex corner out the back that concentrates the mind wonderfully. I think I'd wander out there and watch the faces of the drivers as they turn in!

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

thanks Nick

Looks like fun, will see what the weather is doing tomorrow..

Did a bike trackday at Oulton a couple of years ago... which was an eye opener... its very narrow in places.

I'm guessing the paddock is accessible.

Ade

Sorry I missed this yesterday when it would have been helpful.

I've been going to this event for 4 years now and it's really good fun watching old saloons, F5000's etc. Paddock is completely open and very friendly. I can definitely recommend. Don't go in the main entrance, go in the entrance next to 'Old Hall' corner as you can literally park next to the start finish straight & turn one is great to watch. You can cross into the centre at Old Hall during breaks and so you aren't trapped for the day, also you can drive out and back in another entrance if you wish.

thanks - I got outvoted and we ended up at a Steam rally thing near Shrewsbury... which was surprisingly fun - the sight of about 15 vintage tractors ploughing the same field in different directions is one that sticks in the mind..:)

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom