Our C63 AMG is ready in Germany...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aeroman

Car
Mercedes C63S (on order), McLaren 720S, Ultima GTR, Porsche Boxster GTS, Morgan SP1, Morgan Plus 8
Our car is ready in Germany, but unfortunately due to work commitments I can't go to pick it up as planned so have had to ask them to ship it to our Dealer in the UK. :doh:

The spec is as follows, for those that are interested:
C63 AMG in Palladium Silver Metallic with black leather
AMG Performance Pack (P30)
AMG Differential Lock
AMG 19" wheels
COMAND Multimedia
Harman Surround System
Climate Control
Heated Windscreen Wash System
Reversing Camera
Rear Airbags
Electric Rear Roller Blind

I'll post some photos once we take delivery, the Dealer thinks that will now be early September 2011. I can't wait...

I would be willing to sacrifice my time to drive it back for you!

They are most impressive cars for sure.

bet you're gutted you cant collect it, and excited its going to be here soon, congrats on the new motor

Aeroman, congrats! Must be one of the first cars with PPP!

Btw, is climate control an optional extra? I thought Luxury climate control is standard equipment now and have not specced it (don't even know the option code).

Thanks Guys, certainly looking forward to getting it!

Thanks also Charles for the offer, but it's already committed for shipment. :)

The differential lock is MB-speak for a limited-slip differential Darrell. On my new vehicle order from MB - Luxury Automatic Climate Control (581) is charged at £590.00 Michele, so I guess it is not standard. :dk:

I decided to see what the new dash looks like before deciding whether to have it leather-clad by AMG, as Palmball did. Certainly, it looked pretty good as standard at Geneva.

Thanks Guys, certainly looking forward to getting it!

Thanks also Charles for the offer, but it's already committed for shipment. :)

The differential lock is MB-speak for a limited-slip differential Darrell. On my new vehicle order from MB - Luxury Automatic Climate Control (581) is charged at £590.00 Michele, so I guess it is not standard. :dk:

I decided to see what the new dash looks like before deciding whether to have it leather-clad by AMG, as Palmball did. Certainly, it looked pretty good as standard at Geneva.

Thank you for letting me know. Have to talk to the dealer then. Ouch, extra 590.

What do you think about driving assistance package - distronic plus mainly?

Great spec, enjoy, much fun ahead of you.

Thank you for letting me know. Have to talk to the dealer then. Ouch, extra 590.

TBH Michele I've never driven a car with it knowingly fitted so couldn't really make a value judgement based on experience.

Whilst I do like the electronic toys (COMAND, etc) I'm not to keen on anything that may dilute the driving experience, hence LSD rather than relying solely on ESP. :D

Thanks Kamal, I can't wait! Anything I need to look out for when I get it?

was in wilmslow yesterday and a C63 drove past, i thought it was a thunderstorm. No seriously.

Great choice of car......you will be missing a memorable experience by not making the time to collect......I collected my SL and even Mrs.B remembers the whole experience fondly.

Mic

Aeroman

congratulations on your new 63
great car great spec please post a pic or ten when you get it
:thumb:

What a fantastic car, my dream would be to go and collect such a car and drive it back. Hope its everything you expect it to be when you get it.

I have the Distronic + on the S-Class and would not have another car without it. That's one of the reasons i waited 18 months for the CL even though it's only disronic.

I know the 63 is a totally different car. If you are doing a lot of Motorway driving it's great and even in London traffic it works well.

Last edited:
Thanks again guys, but as MicB and rizzer have mentioned I'm really disappointed not to have been able to pick the car up from AMG. :(

Interesting what you say about the Distronic+ Peter, as it's quite an expensive option maybe you can give more details of why you like it so much and what the difference is between the normal and the Plus?

Our car is ready in Germany, but unfortunately due to work commitments I can't go to pick it up as planned so have had to ask them to ship it to our Dealer in the UK. :doh:

The spec is as follows, for those that are interested:
C63 AMG in Palladium Silver Metallic with black leather
AMG Performance Pack (P30)
AMG Differential Lock
AMG 19" wheels
COMAND Multimedia
Harman Surround System
Climate Control
Heated Windscreen Wash System
Reversing Camera
Rear Airbags
Electric Rear Roller Blind

I'll post some photos once we take delivery, the Dealer thinks that will now be early September 2011. I can't wait...

Great news...good luck with your new toy, post some pics up once she has arrived:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom