Our ML is no more!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Some of you may have seen my post on another forum but thought I'd share here. Our ML came to it's end on Saturday although thankfully that was the only injury!!

My other half was driving clockwise on the M25, Saturday morning and it was raining. The rain suddenly came down really hard and the traffic slowed. The drive of a car transporter lorry decided not to bother and hit the back of the ML.

eAOSNNU.jpg

Thankfully other than whiplash that my partner sustained, our 3 year old daughter and 5 month old son were unharmed. The lorry driver was an ar$e though. I mean his driving clearly leaves a lot to be desired but his attitude was just as bad. Didn't come and check on anyone, when one of the witnesses said he was speeding he just walked off. The Police were there, instructed him to give his details but he failed to do so (reported) and left with his vehicle and the transporter. The insurers are handling everything now though, straight forward claim from his insurers, thankfully he was insured!

h2DcHfJ.jpg

Amazingly it's testament to the ML's quality that despite being an inevitable write off, no one was hurt and all the doors could be opened normally. The boot clearly absorbed the energy as it was meant to, it snapped the pushchair in the boot but the backs of the seats didn't budge.

Got a GLC300 as a courtesy car so can't complain, then on the hunt for a replacement ML.

ueAm4jL.jpg

Glad everyone is ok.
How could the lorry driver just leave? Could the police not arrest him?

Must have been very scary for her and the children. Make sure she gets proper treatment for the whiplash - can be a problem. Some HGV drivers, like ordinary motorists, can be total idiots and one thing I've noticed a lot more of recently is the tendency of HGV's to tailgate in poor conditions or in speed restricted sections of motorways. I put it down to the pressure they are under for on time deliveries. Hope everyone recovers OK.

My god mate, glad your all ok, Yep that ML took the hit very well!

Jeez......

Glad everyone is ok.
How could the lorry driver just leave? Could the police not arrest him?
He hadn't committed an arrestable offence.

Presumably he passed the roadside breath test and was told to pass on his details but declined to do so after the Police left the scene?

😳

that’s an horrific sight Alex. Such a relief for you that your kids are unharmed 😑. Strange to say this given how much damage there is but it could have been so much worse eh?
That is a great argument against the 7 seat set up in some of these cars.

Hope your partner recovers well and manages to resume driving without any major mental issues. 🤞

He hadn't committed an arrestable offence.

Presumably he passed the roadside breath test and was told to pass on his details but declined to do so after the Police left the scene?

My understanding is that it's an either/or situation - you have to either exchange details OR notify the police although many do both. Given that the police were in attendence and presumably recorded the incident then the requirement has been fulfilled.

Either way, that would get followed up after the event, along with any action as a result of their driving prowess. Probably a caution for driving without due care I'd expect.

Woah! - could have been so much worse, glad all ok.

Was the driver of the truck looking at his phone do you think?

I have a rear facing Dashcam now just incase (other cars looking at their phones).

Glad your ML protected you all ( other than the whiplash ) , hopefully you will find another good one soon .

I don't really care what the nambies think but some people just deserve a good kicking. Not even checking on Supermum and kiddies is just plain wrong, that's no way a man should behave.

Alex, you haven't mentioned anything about the good lady wife being shook up so I'm assuming she is made of stern stuff :) I know Mrs PMP would have put the vocal boot in if it was our kiddies in the back.

Hey Alex. Happy to hear the family are ok. This tank did it’s job well.

That is one hell of a whack! Glad Mrs Alex225 and the kids are ok. Can't believe the lorry driver was being so awkward!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom