Our ML is no more!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very nice, Alex, it's gonna test all your detailing skills to keep clean. :cool: :)đź‘Ť

You guys know me well! haha

But yes black will be a b*gger to keep looking it's best. Although having seen 4-5 MLs all parked up in grey, silver and black despite my love of a silver Merc, the black lends itself really well to the ML. The headlights on the Grand Edition are tinted inside as well as the mirror indicators so it looks rather smart, the big silver wheels are a nice contrast.

That ML looks fab, congrats (if you go for it!)

This thread has actually made me rethink the safety of small cars - my fiancé is thinking of buying a car and likes minis, fiat 500s etc. I love minis too but having second thoughts now. Glad you’re all okay.

Some of you may have seen my post on another forum but thought I'd share here. Our ML came to it's end on Saturday although thankfully that was the only injury!!

My other half was driving clockwise on the M25, Saturday morning and it was raining. The rain suddenly came down really hard and the traffic slowed. The drive of a car transporter lorry decided not to bother and hit the back of the ML.

eAOSNNU.jpg

Thankfully other than whiplash that my partner sustained, our 3 year old daughter and 5 month old son were unharmed. The lorry driver was an ar$e though. I mean his driving clearly leaves a lot to be desired but his attitude was just as bad. Didn't come and check on anyone, when one of the witnesses said he was speeding he just walked off. The Police were there, instructed him to give his details but he failed to do so (reported) and left with his vehicle and the transporter. The insurers are handling everything now though, straight forward claim from his insurers, thankfully he was insured!

h2DcHfJ.jpg

Amazingly it's testament to the ML's quality that despite being an inevitable write off, no one was hurt and all the doors could be opened normally. The boot clearly absorbed the energy as it was meant to, it snapped the pushchair in the boot but the backs of the seats didn't budge.

Got a GLC300 as a courtesy car so can't complain, then on the hunt for a replacement ML.

ueAm4jL.jpg
I don't know if you are a religious person or not, but if that happened to me, I'd be on my knees thanking God. For sure if you were a cat, you would be crossing off a good few of your 9 lives.

I'm not a religious man but I'm definitely grateful it wasn't worse! Thankfully no long lasting effects and the claim all went in our favour (as you'd hope!!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom