Our newly acquired CLK320 CDi Avantgarde!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

christopherwk

Car
2016 E220d SE Cavansite Blue/Macchiato Beige
CLK320 CDi Avantgarde, 78000 miles

IMGP1517.jpg

IMGP1518.jpg

IMGP1519.jpg

IMGP1520.jpg

Nice one. How do you find the V6 vs the I6 that is your car?

Faster (noticeably), smoother especially with 7G box (makes mine feel lumpy), much quieter (is it really a diesel?!).

Everything feels fresh and tight compared to my E (although mine is 2 years older, and has 2 and a half times as many miles!). The steering has a nicely weighted feel to it. Practical too. The rear seats split and fold, and the seat bases tilt up, so the back and be laid flat.

This was a lease car, so has full Mercedes service history, except for the last service done about a thousand miles ago, although only a minor oil and filter change.

However, it is standard spec, with no options whatsoever, which could be a good thing as there's less to go wrong (does have heated seats which my 211 doesn't have). At least everything works as it should.

Initially a little suprised at the "sportiness", although this is probably because I'm used to the waftiness and luxuriousness of my E. The ride is firmer, but not in any way uncomfortable, and I like the body hugging seats, which holds you in place more. Not too keen on the aluminium trim though, prefer the dark wood of my E Class, but that's the sporty nature of the car.

However both cars serve different purposes, and I like them equally!

Nevertheless very pleased! :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom