Our trip in 2012 to the yearly Mercedes Meet in Norway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gemiz

Car
GLC 350E 2017 - E63 Wagon 2012
Here is a old gem from one of our trips to the yearly meetup in Norway Gol.
It is 3 clips filmed from a Go pro, total driving time is 10-11 hours and cut down to 16min of video on Youtube.

The cars: S210 320CDI (filming), W203 AMG 43, W124 280 bi-turbo, two S124 280 and 300, S211 280cdi, GLE CDI, and maybe a few more. Cant really remember.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Watched part 1 and ended up watching all of the videos. LOL

Some great roads and scenery. And very nice cars. Looks like a perfect road trip. Good sound track to.. I like!!

Lovely to see a star on the bonnet.
Something that I fear will be lost for many years :(

I have a removable 'anti theft' star as you can buy in Italy and Spain.
I don't keep it on the car ever, but whenever we take the Merc, my little boy always asks (and gets our the the drawer by the front door), 'can we have the magic star on the front?'

On re-watching, I notice that the filming car is on the far side of the double yellow line down the centre of the highway (although visibility is good, and I'm not making a safety comment here).

In the UK, a double WHITE line means you must not cross, except in some specific and limited circumstances.
A google of double YELLOW line in Norway suggests passing (I assume by the car on the left) is forbidden.
In the filming I saw, the filming car was simply maintaining speed on the left hand side of the road, whilst friends and colleagues gave it a good roasting on the right (normal) side of the road.
Do any Norway residents know if this aligns with the 'no passing' rule?
I'm only curious and not criticising. As I said, none of the driving I saw was notably dangerous despite the 'double yellow' centre line.
I'm just noting a difference between the google reported Norway 'passing prohibited' and the UK 'thou shalt not cross' rules.

The c43, epic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Lovely to see a star on the bonnet.
Something that I fear will be lost for many years :(

I have a removable 'anti theft' star as you can buy in Italy and Spain.
I don't keep it on the car ever, but whenever we take the Merc, my little boy always asks (and gets our the the drawer by the front door), 'can we have the magic star on the front?'
Do you have a part number for the removable star? Some loser tried to rip the badge off my Merc after England lost the Euro finals to Italy in the summer.

Nice videos. :thumb:

I like all videos but video #3 does have some dangerous and intense driving scenes.
Driving on the wrong side of the driving lane, po-po doesn't like that! ;)

Silver W124 is that an E500?

Grey C43, what year is that?
It has a very nice color.
Do you have more photos of this car?
Both exterior and interior photos?
Any other mods done to this car besides modifying the exhaust for more V8 rumble?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom