Out and about in the E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking good change nothing, what mpg you getting with the remap?

Not bad at all, my standard Jag XFR (510 bhp) used to see 32 on a big run

What does the blue triangle above the 80 mean please?
I didn't know this one . MB World to the rescue.

Edit. Thinking about the MBworld answer, not sure it applies to my car. The photo was taken when I pulled into the services at Bishops Stortford and the speed is zero, so that rules out the above.

Last edited:
So now the E63 has gone to another home I can reflect on my short but enjoyable ownership.

I never thought I could forget my previous E55, but driving the E63 made it easy. I didn't miss it at all.
The car drew positive comments from young aspiring owners to older guys who knew their AMG's. It's a tremendous performing car with good looks to go with it.
The big mistake I probably made was having it re mapped. Great fun at the time but I wasn't looking to sell it then.
Yes, it transforms what is already a rapid car into an animal, but it cuts down the pool of prospective buyers massively.

On reflection maybe I should have visited MSL, got the car put back to stock and advertised it as a stock car.
So any future AMG's I may own will stay as Mercedes made it. It makes life much more simple when it comes to selling.

If you are in the market for one of these M157 powered cars, do it. They are a lot of fun and it will take something special to replace it.

I never thought I could forget my previous E55, but driving the E63 made it easy. I didn't miss it at all.
……..and I’m sure when you get your 213 E63 (as planned) it won’t take long before the good times of your 212 fade into the past.

Good on you and health to enjoy.

^ Thanks.

Did you miss your W213 E63 when you sold it?

interesting to see the same discolouration on the front fender (if that's the right way to call it?) as on mine. it turned blue from the sun. guess in the end you didn't do anything to it and left as is?

^ Thanks.

Did you miss your W213 E63 when you sold it?
I did miss it, in fact I still do.
Same as you are planning, I replaced mine with a interim S204. It’s a C220 CDI, manual, 140k on the clock with an extensive service history. It drives and looks like it has 50k on it.
I surprised myself how enjoyable driving it can be. Obviously a totally different car, but I’m happy with what I have for now.
I find myself cruising around getting 65mpg, waving my fist at AMG hooligans as they scream past.

I must admit my sights are set on another 213 E63s, this time an estate.

interesting to see the same discolouration on the front fender (if that's the right way to call it?) as on mine. it turned blue from the sun. guess in the end you didn't do anything to it and left as is?
It was black in 2019 when I bought the car. No I didn't replace it. The new owner wasn't bothered although I doubt he saw it a 10pm at night when he checked the car over;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom