Out of date aftermarket extras.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Easyt

Car
C220 diesel automatic
Hello there, a newbie here. we've just bought our first Mercedes, a 2004 C220 diesel auto and I'm rather impressed.
The problem is it has an old Nokia cark 112 hands free kit fitted. This no longer works with modern phones. The car also has a (broken) satnav fitted which has a remote control unit that is in a cradle where the old phone cradle would be in the arm rest.
The car seems to have a good phone system so would my best option, to get a hands free set up, be to lose the nokia and satnav and replace with a 'Visseo' type Bluetooth set up?? Or is there anything else??
Thanks in advance

Is it an aftermarket sat nav or MB comand/aps50?

If it is aftermarket I would've inclined to replace the lot with a decent aftermarket Bluetooth Headunit and use Waze on your smartphone for navigation.

From experience, the Visseo kit is excellent. However, check the model/application of the kit carefully, as the current kits don't work with all MB phone cradles.

Hi Joe_sp, it's an aftermarket satnav, some odd make I've not come across before. It's coming out. I'll look into the Wake set up, thanks.

Hi Davelondon, I've been looking at the various versions of the Visseo. I'm just working out what will work with what at the moment. It looks like the best way to go tjough. Thanks.

I have a visseo and it's great. A few niggles I can live with but, it's a niggle and not a problem

Hi AndyRan, the Visseo is looking like a good bet. Niggles can be lived with if the system basically works, Thanks.

Hello there, a newbie here. we've just bought our first Mercedes, a 2004 C220 diesel auto and I'm rather impressed.
The problem is it has an old Nokia cark 112 hands free kit fitted. This no longer works with modern phones. The car also has a (broken) satnav fitted which has a remote control unit that is in a cradle where the old phone cradle would be in the arm rest.
The car seems to have a good phone system so would my best option, to get a hands free set up, be to lose the nokia and satnav and replace with a 'Visseo' type Bluetooth set up?? Or is there anything else??
Thanks in advance

Are you sure it is a Nokia 112 car kit? Something like here:
Nokia CARK-112 Bluetooth Car Kit

I'm afraid the talks about ViseeO assume an MB hands free kit.

I've never seen a 112 Nokia kit but I cannot see why it would not work with modern phones, except if you mean iPhone. Perhaps something broken, then it would not work with modern phones but neither with old phones.

Well after a lot of mucking about I find that this car does not have a phone cradle connection in the arm rest. So removed the Old system and will work something out later. I've been told the newer smart phones won't work properly with an old system because they use the Android operating system and the old Nokia's used the Symbian operating system. I will work out something soon. Thanks for the advice from you all :).

Speak to the boys at www.comandonline.co.uk or visit their website and use the Contact link, you'll need your VIN and they'll give you proper advice.

Well after a lot of mucking about I find that this car does not have a phone cradle connection in the arm rest. So removed the Old system and will work something out later. I've been told the newer smart phones won't work properly with an old system because they use the Android operating system and the old Nokia's used the Symbian operating system. I will work out something soon. Thanks for the advice from you all :).

Who has told you that?

Without seeing what is in your car it is hard to help.

It might be a better idea to buy a new double din radio that does dab, bluetooth etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom