Out With The Old - In With The New

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimGreen

Car
2012 Audi R8 V10 + 2017 Mini Cooper (John Cooper Works) + 2015 Honda Fireblade
Well, after three years of owning my 2013 C63, and having had a Quaife LSD fitted, Secondary Decat and an MSL Tune, and with just 19k miles from new, I decided it was time for a change and move on to what is now my third C63. (I came very close to purchasing an Alfa Quadrafoglia) !!!!

So my Diamond white C63 is now up for sale here - Used MERCEDES C-CLASS C63 AMG, DIAMOND WHITE METALLIC, 6.2, Saloon, Yorkshire | PORTLAND OF BAWTRY LTD

IMG_4020.JPG

Now I'm the proud owner of a 2018 C63 AMG Coupe, with just 4k miles on the clock, it's previous owner was Steve Soper of British Touring Care fame.

And here's my new Steed -

IMG_5266.jpg

s-l1600 (22).jpg

Hope the change from a great W204 to a W205 doesn't dissapoint.

Congrats Jim. Can't see your old steed hanging about for long, it looks pristine! Enjoy your new one :thumb:

Both beautiful cars 👌🏻

Nice to see chrome trim on the new one, night pack (or aftermarket wrap) seems to be more common on AMG cars now.

Very nice buddy......the only car I’ll change mine for is a newer 205 and I’m not there yet. Your 204 looks mint,I bet they couldn’t believe their luck trading that in.
Regards
Paul.

Both beautiful cars 👌🏻

Nice to see chrome trim on the new one, night pack (or aftermarket wrap) seems to be more common on AMG cars now.

Yep, I prefer the chrome trim, and on the matte silver I think it works, if it had the night pack or a wrap over the chrome trim I think it would look too dull.

Debating if I should fit the panamericana grille.

Nice new wheels :cool:

At a guess with your username, did you once live Southampton way and used to own a white Sapphire and then an E39 M5?

Nice new wheels :cool:

At a guess with your username, did you once live Southampton way and used to own a white Sapphire and then an E39 M5?

Yes...... That’s me 👍👍 Here’s my old Cosworth, she now resides in Ireland and is still mint.

As for me, I moved “Up North” about three years ago, still detailing cars and love anything that goes fast and I can tinker with.

87CA7155-5190-45F2-ACB3-B28B8F60F0E7.jpeg

Last edited:
19k miles in 7 years?! Did you forget you owned it?! :p
It looks superb though...and gotta love an e39 M5 :)No Post.jpg

Hahaha..... she was my weekend toy, I had a company car for daily commutes. E39 M5’s the best M5 BMW ever built in its day. But things move on I guess. Totally happy with the new C63, the most noticeable difference from the W204 is the low down torque that the W205 produces, noticeably more.

I am going to miss the polishing though 😅😅😅 wash and wipe only on the Disigno Matte Magno paint. But I like it, something different.

A master piece the e39 M5 and being a manual. Don't get that option nowadays it seems. I owned one myself. Not long enough, kind of regret that automotive decision to part with that car.

Lovely car btw, congrats on the new machine.

H Jim, how are you finding the transition from the 6.2 litre?
Very enjoyable 😁😁😁 I preferred the shape of the W204, but there’s no doubt the W205 is an improvement overall. Biggest let down is the seats, no where near as nice as my old W204 seats. The suspension is where the best improvement is, along with the low down torque.

Very enjoyable 😁😁😁 I preferred the shape of the W204, but there’s no doubt the W205 is an improvement overall. Biggest let down is the seats, no where near as nice as my old W204 seats. The suspension is where the best improvement is, along with the low down torque.
If you want to do a comparison let me know Ive got a stage 2 upagrade booked :=}

Definitely interested in a comparison. 👍👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom