Outdoor IP Camera Recommendation for Cloud Recording (ONVIF)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
Anyone recommend a Wireless IP outdoor camera with IR and ONVIF (£50?) support for cloud streaming?
Ideally one on Amazon (prime).

Having just had a look I see a lot of the ones being sold are locked down so can't use our own server or the likes of Mangocam to do the cloud recording.

I still have a cat or dog doing its business in my front garden so want to see exactly what it is.

Anyone recommend a Wireless IP outdoor camera with IR and ONVIF (£50?) support for cloud streaming?
Ideally one on Amazon (prime).

Having just had a look I see a lot of the ones being sold are locked down so can't use our own server or the likes of Mangocam to do the cloud recording.

I still have a cat or dog doing its business in my front garden so want to see exactly what it is.

If you are looking to spend around £50 , check out th Reolink cameras....usually discounts available when purchased via amazon and also discount codes kicking around if you google.

If you want better night vision you need to spend a bit more and possibly move up to HKVision.

If you don't know if it is a cat or dog, it may also be a fox.

Movement detection cameras could solve the problem, they use a normal sd card k&f concept HB-E2 Hunting Camera Scouting Camera Wild View 1080P 16MP HD PIR Motion Night Vision Wildlife Camera as an example, have a google :D

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's a cat as that is the only thing I see regular wandering around.
Household debate though is it does not look like cat poo and cars don't do this!

I was thinking more an IP camera as once I've discovered the culprit I can utilise the camera to watch the front door and the cars.

If you are looking to spend around £50 , check out th Reolink cameras....usually discounts available when purchased via amazon and also discount codes kicking around if you google.

If you want better night vision you need to spend a bit more and possibly move up to HKVision.

Thanks, just had a look and can get Reovision for £40~£60 and seem to get good reviews.
The HIKVision ones seem to at least double and mostly PoE ones.

We use a lot of Apexis ones at work that work full but the olrder ones are quite low resolution so don't catch much detail.

Think I might geta Reolink one to guve a try, just going to run a 12volt out from the garage and position it to watch the garden with the ability to turn to the cars.

I'll then likley use a cloud service like Mangocam as well as the units own loop recording.

Got a Reolink RLC-410W from Amazon for £50.99.

Quite impressed with it, got it recording to SD card, streaming to my phone and I've also done some port forwarding and have it going out to Mangocam too.

After the poogate investigation is complete I can turn the angle to keep an eye on the cars and garage.

Camera Front_live_1615914194989.jpg

Bet it now poops up the top, just out of sight 💩 :doh:

Had a similar problem with the neighbours new kitten. Solved it by a bit of re-education with one of these

Have removed the sprayer and he still doesn't come over.

The issue of just a camera is what do you do next once you have discovered what it is that is crapping on the lawn. How are you going to stop it?

I use Blink cameras, indoors and out. Good quality picture, so good in fact I have turned the night vision off as the light from my security light is enough for a quality colour picture at night.

Had a similar problem with the neighbours new kitten. Solved it by a bit of re-education with one of these

The issue of just a camera is what do you do next once you have discovered what it is that is crapping on the lawn. How are you going to stop it?

I'm convinced it is a cat, other half a dog so it will settle this debate. ;)

I'd then look at either cat silhouettes, odour deterrent or a sprinkler like you linked to.

I use Blink cameras, indoors and out. Good quality picture, so good in fact I have turned the night vision off as the light from my security light is enough for a quality colour picture at night.

Similar with the Reolink, noticed last night with the IR off the picture was better.

Lion poo works a treat I'm told
Just gave to catch that lion now.....

We got one of those battery powered pir garden sprayers to deter foxes and after about a month they haven’t been back.

I've never seen a cat since.

They must know they're on camera ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom