Outlook Help Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Hi
For some reason Outlook wont open. I have tried using the Office disk to repair Office and Word and Excel are fine. I think I will have to remove it all and reinstall it.

My problem is I will lose all my emails unless I can find the file that they are stored in. Is this a PST file? If so where would I find it on my laptop?

Thanks for any help - as I have all my holiday emails in there and need them before we go away.

Try here.

C:\Documents and Settings\<user_id>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Copy to somewhere else before installsing then copy back.

N.B I usually change the default location to an e-mail folder in my documents (get's backed up then).

Mine lives in C:\users\temp\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

It's probably a hidden location, and my laptop is hooked to a server so that might affect the location.

Cheers David & Stevesy - found it :thumb:

No idea which one is the right one so have copied all files.

Have you tried running scanpst?
That will sort out any corrupted pst files.

Hi
For some reason Outlook wont open. I have tried using the Office disk to repair Office and Word and Excel are fine. I think I will have to remove it all and reinstall it.

My problem is I will lose all my emails unless I can find the file that they are stored in. Is this a PST file? If so where would I find it on my laptop?

Thanks for any help - as I have all my holiday emails in there and need them before we go away.

be careful as I had similar happen years ago and couldnt open the copied back files.

have a seach on ms help sites, as there is a correctway to do it.

I backed up the files onto a USB drive. Deleted office 2007 and reinstalled it. Outlook not only worked but found the original files and all is sorted. Panic is over phewwww.
Thanks for all advice. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom