Outlook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Does anyone else use Outlook as an email address?

There was some kind of update recently and it's gone from pretty good to useless to use, very laggy and brings up my last sent email instead of opening new ones.

I doubt that it's just coincidence and the only real difference that I can see is that they are trying to run adverts down the right hand side of the screen which don't show with or without adblocker on/off.

Using Chrome but Edge or IE made little difference.

I use it but with the proper outlook email client. No issues. I rarely use the web client but just tried it now and it worked OK for me ?

Does anyone else use Outlook as an email address?

There was some kind of update recently and it's gone from pretty good to useless to use, very laggy and brings up my last sent email instead of opening new ones.

I doubt that it's just coincidence and the only real difference that I can see is that they are trying to run adverts down the right hand side of the screen which don't show with or without adblocker on/off.

Using Chrome but Edge or IE made little difference.

I've got exactly this issue too also when anyone sends me a PDF the file is empty yet if I connect via an email client and download I can see the content perfectly. I too am a less than happy user after theupgrade

Thanks, I subscribe to office 365 do I have access to the proper email client? If so how do I access it?

I've got exactly this issue too also when anyone sends me a PDF the file is empty yet if I connect via an email client and download I can see the content perfectly. I too am a less than happy user after theupgrade

I've just tested a pdf on the webmail client and it worked ok for me ??

Thanks, I subscribe to office 365 do I have access to the proper email client? If so how do I access it?

Login to your office 365 account on-line and there should be a download link somewhere - but not all 365 subscriptions include the email client.

Do you use IE, chrome or something else?

Thanks, it looks like I am using a webmail version as I had signed up for a personal account rather than business.
I suppose that it will settle down over time.

I've used Thunderbird for many years - Outlook was struggling with volume of retained mails - Thunderbird is free, takes across all your Outlook mails, address books etc - vastly superior (and grown up) product

Speaking of Chrome.

It doesn't seem to update automatically on either of my Win10 computers at home. If I go into Help, About it finds the update and installs then ... but it doesn't seem to update otherwise :dk:

Is this coincidence?

Neither my Mrs nor I can get into Outlook via laptops this morning, phone is OK.

Anyone else having issues?

Edit:

Found a website called isitdown? or something like that, it seems that we're not alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an Outlook.com account linked to my Office 2010 Outlook email. I don't use it (the .com variety, what brain donor at MS thought it was a good idea to give two different products the same name?) for email but purely to sync my Office Outlook calendar to my Windows Phone.

I believe outlook.com has been changed recently and there has also been the Win10 Anniversary Update. Whatever the reason, my calendars have stopped syncing, they no longer update each other.

Annoying.

I don't suppose those having problems are running Adblockers? From what I'm reading on another thread the new Outlook does not like that....

I don't suppose those having problems are running Adblockers? From what I'm reading on another thread the new Outlook does not like that....

Currently I'd say that it's an issue with Chrome, works OK on IE and on my phone but nothing doing on Chrome with or without adblock.

Thanks, it looks like I am using a webmail version as I had signed up for a personal account rather than business.
I suppose that it will settle down over time.

What version of Office 365 do you have exactly?

See below to check if it qualifies for "Installed Office applications":

https://products.office.com/en-gb/buy/office
and
https://products.office.com/en/business/compare-more-office-365-for-business-plans

If it does, then you should be able to download the Ms-Office applications (including Outlook 2016) and install them on your PC, as long as your OS is Win7 or higher. You will then be able to use these applications for as long as you have a valid subscription to Office 365.

If it does not, then you can still purchase Ms-Office separately (outright):

OFFICE HOME AND BUSINESS 2016 32/64 BIT ENGLISH EUROZONE UK (T5D-02826) - www.misco.co.uk
(physical delivery of License Key)

or

https://products.office.com/en-gb/home-and-business
(electronic distribution)

and you can the use these for life (i.e. regardless of whether you do or do not have a valid Office 365 subscription) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom