outside temp display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david b

Just bought a C-class 180 avantgarde, how do I change the small K/P/H
display in left hand corner of dispay to outside temp, is it possible, handbook says so , BUT NOT IN UK?

david b said:
Just bought a C-class 180 avantgarde, how do I change the small K/P/H
display in left hand corner of dispay to outside temp, is it possible, handbook says so , BUT NOT IN UK?

Ive had a man with a star and he couldnt see how it was done ...

Doesnt look good :( ..

Yep, wish I could change mine too!

Would it be possible to put in an "outside temp display unit" instead, like what I did on mine?

We can change the main display to show the outside temp (instead of the trip computer information), but according to the manual you should be able to change the smaller km/h display to show the temp all the time. Seems they disabled this for UK models (except AMG cars from what I remember).

Last edited:
Sounds a daft thing to do.Now Ive got it in mine I find it quite handy.

A thought ocurred just,has the car already got an outside temp sensor located in the bumper?Might be a thought if it aint got one it could appear to be disabled.

pluggers said:
A thought ocurred just,has the car already got an outside temp sensor located in the bumper?Might be a thought if it aint got one it could appear to be disabled.
I think it's more of a software/programming issue than hardware or wiring. UK cars (W203/W211 etc) are configured to permanently display speed in km/h on a small ancilliary display where as EU cars allow their drivers to choose what the small display shows, e.g. outside temp. It's probably down to some pan-european law about the metric system.

Fuzzer, did you get the Star man to reprogram your car's ECU to a different country other than the UK?

S.

Steve_Perry said:
Fuzzer, did you get the Star man to reprogram your car's ECU to a different country other than the UK?

S.

Indeedy , my car is set to netherlands and it still doesnt want to change.

In case youre wondering ... its set to netherlands so the alarm beeps when you lock it and open it :)

fuzzer said:
Indeedy , my car is set to netherlands and it still doesnt want to change.

In case youre wondering ... its set to netherlands so the alarm beeps when you lock it and open it :)
Yup, apparently you can do the same with facelift W202's as well. Maybe your instrument cluster has to be changed in someway? in addition to the main ECU?

S.

Steve_Perry said:
Yup, apparently you can do the same with facelift W202's as well. S.
Really ? I need to find an excuse to call out a Mobilo person with a star machine then !!

Beep-Beep !

S.

sym said:
Really ? I need to find an excuse to call out a Mobilo person with a star machine then !!

Beep-Beep !

S.
Yup, K. and Nick should know, I think a few members at Benzsport have done this mod.

S.

Oooh - How did yo uget yours up and running pluggers - mine's got the display in, but wasn't picked as an option so I got no temperature sensor/wiring and the displays just dark ( But if you look carefully in the right light you can see the outline of the LCD numbers ). Would love to get it working...

Stew.
96' w202

Steve_Perry said:
Yup, K. and Nick should know, I think a few members at Benzsport have done this mod.
I think the guy at benzsport had his set to Norway, did the same thing IIRC.

outside temp gauge

I take this as a no then , pity'

smiff said:
Oooh - How did yo uget yours up and running pluggers - mine's got the display in, but wasn't picked as an option so I got no temperature sensor/wiring and the displays just dark ( But if you look carefully in the right light you can see the outline of the LCD numbers ). Would love to get it working...

Stew.
96' w202

Real easy to do Pt no MA001 542 26 18 sender £32.06+vat

I did a howto a while back tells you how to fit everything together.HOWTO

Another plus for imported cars, I have a C220 CDI Avantgarde from Holland my car displays outside temp all the time, I thought it was standard :bannana:

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom