Outside temperature display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gnasher141

Car
C350AMG Sport Plus CDI W204
hi

The temperature is displayed on dash dial when engine off, but when turned on this disapeers.

is there an option somewhere to enable this display when engine is on? as obviously it would be useful This time of year.

thanks

The only screen with the outside temperature is the one you see when it's turned off but you can navigate to it once the car is on. Simply scroll up/down using the arrows on the wheel. You may need to scroll left/right first depending on which menu you have been using in the centre of the dials.

The only way I can permanently view outside temperature on car and van is by scrolling to the mile-ometer. (Current mileage and trip mileage). But I prefer to view the digital speedo instead.

The only screen with the outside temperature is the one you see when it's turned off but you can navigate to it once the car is on. Simply scroll up/down using the arrows on the wheel. You may need to scroll left/right first depending on which menu you have been using in the centre of the dials.

In their typical flamboyant, imaginative and creative naming convention style, MB call the main view with the odometer the 'Standard Display' :doh:

There have been many threads on this, on UK cars the permanent outside temp display is replaced with permanent Kmh display. This can be reversed back to European spec using STAR, a process also known as 'Delete UK' mod.

There have been many threads on this, on UK cars the permanent outside temp display is replaced with permanent Kmh display. This can be reversed back to European spec using STAR, a process also known as 'Delete UK' mod.

I understood not on 204? Fantastic if it can - will get my indie to hook it up! Is the "sequence" published anywhere? I know that even for experienced mechanics, the nesting can be a bit deep sometimes!

It can't be done on 204, it only works on older models.

Newer cars have more space for info to be displayed and you can make it permanently on show.

It can't be done on 204, it only works on older models.

Newer cars have more space for info to be displayed and you can make it permanently on show.

Comand Europe did it for my W203, and later also offered to do it for my W204 which is why I assumed it was still possible - but I never did ask them to do it in the end so I don't know for fact.

Looked today and it seems daft that the AMG screen displays Gear selected, Speed, Temperature of oil, Temperature of coolant and there’s an empty space where the Outside temperature is position on the “Trip screen”

AMG screen is my preferred option of screens, I am sure some Merc tech should be able to do this mod, it would be good to have a diffinitive answer as there seems to be some conflicts of comments On older verses newer, mine is a 2011 facelift.

where Is the best place within Mercedes to ask? Steve/Mark you refer to Comand who/where are they?

Those guys will know more about the intricacies of COMAND than most main dealers.

Looking at the website they seen to deal with the main command unit and transfer to centre dial ie sat nav and audio.

wouldnt the temperatures be built into the software of the dashboard via Star?

The guys at Comandonline know more about Merc electronic systems than Mercedes themselves. Richard is THE guru on coding. If there's a way to do it, he'll find it. If there isn't you can believe what he tells you.
Really, just give them a call. You'll get nowhere with MB dealers...

The guys at Comandonline know more about Merc electronic systems than Mercedes themselves. Richard is THE guru on coding. If there's a way to do it, he'll find it. If there isn't you can believe what he tells you.
Really, just give them a call. You'll get nowhere with MB dealers...
I’ve sent them an email and I’ll update if/when I get a reply 👍🏻

Well that was quick

They can in fact do it, here’s the reply.........

Thanks for your email.

Yes this is possible. We can do the change for you For £199 inc. we would
need the car for one hour.

If this is of interest then do please come back to us. Also if you would
like to book the car in, then please let us have your phone number and we
will call you or you can call us on 01276 474900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom