Outside temperature permanent display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgow

Car
W231 SL500, W211 E280, W124 E300, W171 SLK200
Still in learning curve for my new to me 2102 W231. I can't get the outside temperature to be permanently displayed. The manual says the "permanent display" function is under "instr Cluster" menu where I can switch between "temp" or "speedometer". But my "instr cluster" menu only allows me to change between miles and km. It doesn't show "permanent display option". I appreciate your help please

here is a screenshot of the manual:

upload_2018-6-17_7-58-32.png

Not possible UK spec cars. All to do with MB's interpretation of the EU regs regarding the ability to display mph and kph.
Not sure it's even possible to code it these days..

I was trying to change this too, looks like I’ve found the answer!
Surely it’s just a coding thing, on my last Golf GTI you just coded it to Australia

And one could get that done on older MBs (I did on my S203) but AFAIK modern cars need online coding from MB and one can't modify the official files anymore.
The guys at Comand.co.uk would be the one's to know for sure

Reactions: GLK
OK, any other way you can tell about the outside temp please? I cant see it on the main command screen. cant see it on the Multifunstion screen. I only see it briefly when I first put the key in but it disappears after the engine is switched on.

I had it done on my 2006 A200 C169, by Comand.co.uk, as advised above.

42133246324_bd1ffd58f0_o.jpg

To put it simple, if they can't do it, then it cannot be done.

On mine it shows on one of the screens on the cluster, I think its the one showing the total mileage

why it cant be permanent;ly on the main Audio20/Command screen for the whole car to see......hey ho

OK, any other way you can tell about the outside temp please? I cant see it on the main command screen. cant see it on the Multifunstion screen. I only see it briefly when I first put the key in but it disappears after the engine is switched on.
You could try putting your hand out of the window and make a rough assessment. :D

Mercury thermometer gaffer taped to driver wing mirror works well

Sorry thats the old vauxhall driver in me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom