Outside Temperature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
I am bored!!

What is the highest (and lowest) temperature you have seen on the external temp gauge?

Just looked at mine and it is 34.5 degrees. :cool:

Thats parked in the Spring GTG car park which is a bit of a sun trap as we know.:D

The lowest I can remember is -5 ish this winter.

I remember my old Vito van reading 39 degrees at the NEC one year. Ouch!

Originally posted by fuzzer
Ive seen -23 ... its grim up north :crazy:

Don't say that, were coming up their on holiday week after next!

Its ok jimmy , its nice up here just now . My car was 20 degrees in the shade on thursday

It is nice today, at the moment. But sun too hot on car to wash!

Originally posted by GDC200
Its a personal choice but I wash regardless of what the weather or my car are doing!;)

LOL. Yes my shower is working fine!

Hate washing CAR when the sun dries water before you can leather it off.

I have been given some stuff called Rinse Magic that you add to a bucket of water and then rinse the car. I used it a couple of weeks ago and it does make the water run off more so requires less effort with the chamois. It also seems to prevent or lessen the water marks.

But I agree, it's too hot to wash it today. I am sat in the sun, waiting for the phone to ring, looking at a filthy car with a hosepipe next to me, and a pretty young driver asking if there is anything she can do for me!!!

I hate every other Saturday morning!

I had 41c on mine this afternoon though it dropped to 33c when I had been driving a bit. Be warned Paul, it is VERY hot down here just now.

Bob

47 deg C, earlier this year...Jan 03 Adelaide, Australia :crazy:

Thank goodness for the A/c controls in the S430...cooled the cabin pretty quick :bannana:

LE B

Thread revivial!

Parked in Sun got mine to read 38 C today :D

wow ! that must have been a bit hot when you got back into it !!

I had an alloy gearknob on my manual honda... was bloody difficult to change gear on a hot day after it had been standing in the sun... OUCH !!!

It was so hot today it melted the glue sticking my Traffic Line Module, and it fell of the windscreen.:cool: :cool:

34 C in the north west today. I am roasting very nicely.

Steve

39 degrees but then I am in Texas. Unfortunately its 39 ish degrees every day now and will be until the end of September. Hate the heat - does not even cool down in the evening so will still be high 80's/90's at 11pm. Love the winters and spring/autumn over here though so cannot really complain...

We've stopped shopping at the superstore 10 miles away as by the time we get back to the house yoghurts etc have already turned.

Sadly there have been at least 3 small children killed so far this summer in Dallas / Fort Worth area when their parents or carers have forgotten about them and left them in the car - goes to 90 degrees within about 5 minutes of switching off air conditioning...... Horrible.

remember the old days when windscreens used to blow out if you didn't leave a window open, don't know if that happens with the bonded ones. bloody hoy though all the same, only got to 34 in Sussex.

Mine read 40C when I got back to it today but that dropped to 34C when I got moving - top down naturally :cool:

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom