Outstanding finance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What car was it Steve?

Ant.

I think that a dealer selling a car with finance outstanding is quite common.

When I bought a 2nd hand car from a dealer some time ago I conducted a hpi check before sale to find that finance was outstanding.

I confronted the dealer and he informed me that most of his stock was bought through a finance company, the account being settled when he received my payment. I went ahead with the deal with no problems occurring later.

An slk Ant,looking to replace the mrs current one.

Nice combo of cars Steve.

"Shall we take the 45 or the SLK to Dinner darling?"

In our house it's "B Class bus or Tranny van to the tip babe?"

Ant. :D

Nice combo of cars Steve.

"Shall we take the 45 or the SLK to Dinner darling?"

In our house it's "B Class bus or Tranny van to the tip babe?"

Thanks Ant but let me correct you-"can you pick me up from the pub in your slk darling" or more than likely "can you take me shopping in the A45 hubby":D;)

Hehe. Yes. I can imagine.

I'm not complaining. Love my van. It was worth every penny when the 3 of us went to Center Parcs last year. We took everything & anything we needed including our own Christmas tree for the lodge. :bannana:

However, I'd swap B Class for 45 at drop of a hat.

I would be concerned about warranty
You are effectively buying it from the dealers mates wife = private sale = no warranty:dk:

Wise decision to walk away.
The only thing remaining is to persuade the missus that the SLK350 she liked (for £9k less:bannana:) is a better deal:D

The only thing remaining is to persuade the missus that the SLK350 she liked (for £9k less:bannana:) is a better deal:D

Cheers mate,would love her to settle on a v6 petrol;)

Or that the 55 AMG is cheaper to tax and environmantaly better with cylinder deactivation so should be the car to buy...Man math's at work!:thumb:

Tony.

Some interesting and helpful comments,thanks to you all,have decided to swerve this one,not in a great hurry so better to make the right choice-what really got me thinking was the fact the dealer mentioned the owners husband is very wealthy with a collection of cars yet owes finance on one,maybe a good reason but didn't inspire confidence in making a purchase decision!

Or 'has a collection of cars, goes on expensive holidays, eats at the best restaurants' but can't really afford any of them.

My car was on finance before I purchased it, was just a simple matter of waiting another week whilst it was settled. I had already happily paid the deposit and had confidence in the dealer, no problems at all. It was for sale as dealer stock

Was either a case of myself/dealer pay the finance company over the phone at my time of purchase or wait for the settlement before collecting the car, it was settled a few days before the collection day

As long as there's proof from the previous finance company that it has been settled I can't see any problems with going ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom