outstanding vw golf mk2 gti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow, that is a nice example, hopefully it will be kept mint & not barryed

2k miles per year - not good for an engine let alone bodywork.

sorry - not worth 7K!!!!

Nice though

i dont know - very low useage cars seem to sieze up / rust faster tahn constantly driven cars.... IMHO....

Golfs from this era had equal if not better bodywork than mercs, and seldom rust.

I had a c reg GTi a few months back with 170k on the clock, and it had no rust on it whatsoever. And my God, did I rag its poor little **** off :D

Last edited:
A Mk2 Golf GTi has got to be one of the best all round cars ever made.good at everything,and superb build quality

That car is worth the money all day long, genuine collectors cars nowdays, I wish I had not sold mine last year (3rd one I have owned), was a mint 8v 3 door, though I did get £5900 for it, but probably one of the best cars I have ever owned.

Wow, it is very nice....

But why would an elderly lady buy a GTI to go to and from her bowling club ? :confused:

Thats very nice, if only it wasn't red...

bit pricey even for a mint example, but there are the nutter vw maniacs out there!

That is pretty dam clean, shame its not a mk1, then it would be worth the money :D .i do love me mk1's

An lady friend of mine has a very nice 5 door MKII GTI of the same vintage, August '91.
It looks great in China blue (whatever the colour is) with tinted glass and teardrop alloys.
She has owned the car since new and now won't sell it even if she buys a new car.

She will be very pleased to know it could be worth real money.

Dieselman said:
It looks great in China blue (whatever the colour is) with tinted glass and teardrop alloys.

Maybe Helios blue??

Oak Green looks stunning on Mk2 facelift "big bumper" Golfs, as does grey.

Oak Green with the lovely 14" BBS cross spokes ..... Mmmmmmmm

Golf Mk II

fatherpierre said:
Golfs from this era had equal if not better bodywork than mercs, and seldom rust.

I had a c reg GTi a few months back with 170k on the clock, and it had no rust on it whatsoever. And my God, did I rag its poor little **** off :D
Find a Mk II Golf with rust on it and you're looking at a bodywork repair, not original car, in my opinion

Great cars!

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom