Over-egged 126

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
" The red carpet is rolled out wherever I go in this dream machine "

Somehow I think not, although not my taste, its tidy and the rear screen looks like new.

At the end of the day though its the bottom of the range SEL, never going to appreciate as much as the 560.

Wonder what his reserve is.

My god what a lot of twaddle !

Just a few observations. the 'Walnut' is Zebrano and the wheels are not split rims. I could go on:D

OMG! Chrome wheel arch trims to hide the rust; hideous 'polished turd'-coloured brown grille, bumpers and lower edges all round (to hide more rust?); gold boot badges and number plate surrounds.

I can well believe it stops traffic; other drivers have to stop, because they can't see to drive through the tears of laughter...

It may well be mechanically sound, but it's just vile.

It looks after it like it's his child..... can someone call Child Protection Services now please?

There is a Halfords somewhere with an empty brown paint can shelf.

Seats and door cards from a later facelift model. Looks like it originally had a black interior. Not sure of the beige paintwork.

Where to start....as you've all called out, the chrome arches, the clear front indicators, the facelift doorcards and seats, the cheap taiwanese crystal style rear lights, halfords floor mats, gold badges, the grill, the wheels (mexican hat yes, that colourscheme...no).....pure tat. Really quite upsetting as my last of the line blue-black metallic 500 SEL (sorely missed) was totally factory & just exuded class, unlike this. That said, no one ever rolled the red carpet out for me in it :)

Yep, pimped to the max and now looks like a pile of s#@t! Poor car :wallbash:

Shame isn't it. The owner obviously loved it, which is the main thing. It'll be hard to sell I would think, and the advert makes my toes curl.

I haven't had any red carpet rolled out in my W126, it has got me into VIP club car parks a couple of times though. Which was very amusing as well as a little embarrassing

Doesn't stop traffic either, although, I was pleasantly surprised when I started going to London and traffic kept letting me out, newer MB in particular. I think it must made people smile cos it's old and pretty.

I just bought this car!............... It's absolutely immaculate apart from the owners er 'improvements' I'm obviously going to change the grill back to silver, lights back to standard. Really not sure what colour to respray the bumper and trim though does anyone have any ideas??????? All the photos of cream ones have light or dark grey bumpers but not sure I like them, was thinking maybe cream to match the car but quite like the two tone.

Prize Plum...

(Goes well with Magnolia).:D

Seriously, though, I'm not sure cream bumpers might not be a bit too much. Personally, I think dark brown might go well, but definitely not the 'golden turd' colour in the ad.

Have you had it checked to see how much of the edges is filler? That sort of two-tone paint is a cheap way to hide covered-up rust...

I hope it's OK, and that you like it. Did you buy it from the eBay advertiser, and for anything like the asking price?

Ha, there's no rust issues that I can see, there was some on the sills that has been dealt with at some point and the seller spent some money on the arches getting rid of some bubbling. He spent quite a bit on it I got it straight from the ebay advertiser, it was a different advert but just as bonkers. He was actually a really nice chap.

It was only around the corner from me, I didn't really need a third car but there you go. Not sure what he was advertising it before in April but I think I paid a nice price. Yackshamessssssssssh!

Can't decide whether to put it back to standard like Merc85's or lower it with some nice wheels. Have already sorted an original grill and lights so that's a start.

That seller's description is just priceless. As well as the points others have already picked up, my personal favourite would be the summing up "you will be hard pressed to find ANY car like this" :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom