Over-sensitive and slow windows - W169

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
The OS window* on my A200 C169 2006 is overly sensitive, when going up automatically - slightest bump stops it, even sends it back sometimes: e.g. going into car park, open window, scan the card, press the button to roll up the window, go over the speed bump (very slow, naturally), window stops and goes back down. Leaving the car park, pulling onto main road, accelerating up the road, window up, nope it wants to stop mid-way. Stop at the traffic light, window up - fine, no problem, goes up.

The windows are rather slow too, certainly not as fast as my two old cars.

Can this be adjusted - both the sensitivity to an [imaginary] obstruction and the speed? Hopefully as simple as silicone spray down the sides?

The comfort closure feature works fine (at the same slow speed), it wasn't working correctly, when I bought the car in April, but Olly re-set it on STAR back in May :thumb:

* The NS window is probably the same, but haven't tested it specifically.

Have you calibrated the windows on your W169 by holding down the switch half-way down to raise each window to the top and holding it down for a further 5 seconds?

Try lubricating the glass channels with silicone lubricant.

If the channels are sticky they will increase the load on the motor as it moves the glass, so it won't take much more to trip the load detection system and fool it into thinking there's a small child's head in the way.

Have you calibrated the windows on your W169 by holding down the switch half-way down to raise each window to the top and holding it down for a further 5 seconds?

Yes, I did, thanks. :thumb:

Try lubricating the glass channels with silicone lubricant.

If the channels are sticky they will increase the load on the motor as it moves the glass, so it won't take much more to trip the load detection system and fool it into thinking there's a small child's head in the way.

Great, I was hoping that might be the case.

How do I do that correctly? Preferably without having to remove the door cards?

I have a nice, long, flexi attachment to the silicone spray can - would just sticking it in, with window down, do the trick?

I was thinking more the channels in the door's window opening itself, the bit where the child will stick its head. Just a few quick squirts and operating the windows a few times should spread it around.

It's only a theory anyway but it's also the easiest to test :D

Thanks, I'll try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom