Over twenty young children shot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
As the title says. Just watching the news and up to 26 young children aged 5 to ten years old shot in America.

Update. Shooter among the dead. Eight adults and 18 children dead

Last edited:
The Yanks always provide the best argument for not making firearms legal!

Dreadful,will the Americans ever give up their love affair with guns?
Cue the "people kill, guns don't" purile argument or the equally vapid "well they could have used a knife, brick" (fill in your own item) excuse.
Bam Bam Bam Bam,four people dead as quick as you can say it, I've never seen a knife that fast,no time to run, no time to defend yourself, sorry you are dead.

Maybe if these small children had been armed themselves they could have shot back, oh no that's another stupid argument isn't it?

How many innocents have to die????

Pitiful, inevitable, repeatable.

The gun debate that will no doubt follow feels futile to me.

Pitiful, inevitable, repeatable.

The gun debate that will no doubt follow feels futile to me.

My thoughts exactly. The 'pro gun lobby' will use this to argue they need guns to protect themselves from nutters like this with guns !! :dk: :wallbash:

pipmk said:
Dreadful,will the Americans ever give up their love affair with guns?
Cue the "people kill, guns don't" purile argument or the equally vapid "well they could have used a knife, brick" (fill in your own item) excuse.
Bam Bam Bam Bam,four people dead as quick as you can say it, I've never seen a knife that fast,no time to run, no time to defend yourself, sorry you are dead.

Maybe if these small children had been armed themselves they could have shot back, oh no that's another stupid argument isn't it?

How many innocents have to die????

On September 11th nobody used a gun and 3000 (est) people died. HTH

I Travel to states 2-3 times per year I seriously have had enough of the place and there right to bear arms, all these killing in schools just too much.

Nut jobs will find a way... however making it easy and opening them supply stores is just asking for trouble. Well done America - hope you are proud of your constitution.

The only people in any society with guns should be the police.

+1^

Its so so sad,Why children easy targets ? why anybody to be honest ? They always seem to turn the gun on themselves why not just do that in the first place ? Not much gets to me in this world today but things like this nearly reduce me to tears. I lost my father recently who was 90 and had had a good life and that hurt but to lose your son or daughter so young must destroy you especially knowing the way they died scared not really knowing whats going on and wanting their mum and dad. I hope the Bas***d burns in hell.

To my mind, the questions is not whether we deal with the individuals or with the means.

Both need to be tackled at the same time.

Making guns harder to get will not be enough by itself to prevent such murders. There's an abundance of illegal guns on the streets in most countries anyway, and a determined individual will obtain one. In addition, in most European countries (e.g. France and Italy) every policeman - and sometimes even traffic police - are armed, as well as many private security guards. These are more guns that can find their way into the wrong hands. So there are quite a lot of guns out there.

Gun control is great, but it is only one tiny measure. We are deluding ourselves if we believe that this horrendous phenomenon will be eradicated simply by making access to guns more difficult.

Who are these people? Why are they doping this? Are there any tell-tale signs?

I took my then-five-years-old child to A&E some years ago with a suspected sprained ankle. The doctor quite authoritatively took the child aside and insisted on first account report of the circumstances before accepting the injury was the result of an accident. We have learnt how to spot and deal with child abuse, we should try and apply similar methods and identify the warning signals in these cases as well.

Last edited:
Harrythedog said:
And your point is?

My point is obvious. 3000 people were killed with not a shot fired. Knives and razors were used. You can kill just as fast. HTH

The incident you refer to would have happened if the right to bear arms wasn't in place, there's a greater chance the incident the OP is referring to wouldn't have to HTH

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8650626.stm

Two incidents in one day, at opposite sides of the globe.

The pro-gun lobby will no doubt say that this is proof that gun control will not prevent this.

The anti-gun lobby will say that the injuries at the Chinese school were much less severe that those sustained by the New York children.

To my mind, both 'lobbies' are putting their own agendas before the safety of the children.

We need to tackle both the individuals and the weapons at the same time.

ashadam said:
I sure it was a plane that went into the building.

And how were the planes hijacked ? Not with a gun.

According to your logic of "I sure it was a plane that went into the building" it is comparable to the notion that a gun killed all those children today, not the person who pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
And how were the planes hijacked ? Not with a gun.

According to your logic of "I sure it was a plane that went into the building" it is comparable to the notion that a gun killed all those children today, not the person who pulled the trigger.

To troll on a subject like this just shows what a **** you are. HTH.

Very sad indeed young lives ended in such a way as the old saying goes the good die young

As for the gun thing you can never police it if a nutter wants to get one he will if determined enough

My thoughts are with the family's and friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom