Overactive gear box after remap!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrLCA

Car
2011 C250 CDI
Hi,

I've searched the forum but can't seem to find the answer and you guys have been really knowledgeable so far. I'm wondering if you could shed some light on the following please.

I had my 2011 C250 CDI remapped by Topgear Tuning and it has supposedly added an extra 38bhp and 100nm of tourqe. I must say that the bum Dyno doesn't seem to agree so far so am looking to get it rolling roaded at some point as this was one of them flash generic remaps.

My question is that since the remap, when ever I try and put a little power down the gear box is much more eager to kick down that it was before. Before the remap the car felt like it had a load of low down tourqe as it would stay in gear for longer lower down. It's hard to explain but it's not as enjoyable to drive now as it was before as if you tickle the throttle it immediately changes down and before you know it you're doing 3500 revs and you're past the low down power.

Any help would be appreciated ☺️

Thanks,

Lawrence.

Did Tipgear Tuning provide a before and after dyno?

Or have they just tweaked the TCU and set new gearbox settings?

It was a generic off the shelf remap. No before and after. Don't think they would have touched the TCU.

Are they not able to return it to stock map settings?
If the gearbox drops a cog everytime you hit the pedal it would be horrible and way out of its sweet power band..

Or maybe you could get them to tweak the gearbox settings to stop the issue, either way I would take it back and tell them the issues..

I hate these type of tuners , some with no dyno at all .

All claims and big ones at that .

Most are 35-40 hp and 50Nm , you can't get 100Nm with a dpf in place .

GAD used to do this , ooooh it's got... and gained 100+Nm , then they had a dyno installed and started posting up the graphs , the wild claims stopped .

I emailed and asked about the old higher figures to which I got no reply...

The other thing is a 250 CDI OM651 won't get near the factory figures anyway because of an early in it's life from Piezo to older reliable magnetic solenoid .

On a realistic dyno they get as stock anywhere from low 170's to low 190's with torque well down from 500Nm , your car will be knowhere near 600Nm .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom