Overbadging !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kikkthecat

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 Viano 2.2 CDi Ambiente
I had to share this, I'm just sorry I couldn't get any pictures.

At Birch services this morning I spotted what was probably the rarest of all Mercedes cars.

An E500 AMG Kompressor It had a badly fitting bodykit, AMG replica wheels and blacked out windows

What made it so rare was that it was that exclusive version that used the W202 bodyshell and when he started it I discovered it was also equipped with the diesel option.

I think the drivers name was Barry.

At Birch services this morning I spotted what was probably the rarest of all Mercedes cars.

An E500 AMG Kompressor It had a badly fitting bodykit, AMG replica wheels and blacked out windows

What made it so rare was that it was that exclusive version that used the W202 bodyshell and when he started it I discovered it was also equipped with the diesel option.

Nope,
glojo :devil: :devil: :D

You could have waved;)

Regards
John

I'm sure it will soon enough appear on this web site :)

This 190E is pure class too

Last edited:
Oh dear lord. I have seen many different skylines rebadged as R34 GTR's when I was into that scene. Makes you laugh

I think GTS-T badged as a GTR, aint so bad, like all of the M3 and AMG badges on lesser models..

But that Merc above is like writing Fiesta on a Mondeo.. :p

Today in Drs Surgery carpark saw a W204 - with AMG badges...... single tailpipe so can only assume 230 ... why ??

Did you figure that out from the fact that it also had a personal plate with BAZ on it - or was the clue in the sun strip Barry and Tracy?

I'm interested in thoughts on this.

I recently got a CLK 270CDi with AMG front bumper, spoiler and wheels.

On the back it has CLK on the left and AMG on the right.

Question - Should I remove the AMG because it isn't?

I wondered for a minute if someone at work had been imaginative when I saw CLC on a new C-Coupe. Good job I kept my thoughts to myself and headed straight for the MB website to check!

Heres one I spotted on holiday !!!!!! shock horror

DSCF9436.jpg

I'm interested in thoughts on this.

I recently got a CLK 270CDi with AMG front bumper, spoiler and wheels.

On the back it has CLK on the left and AMG on the right.

Question - Should I remove the AMG because it isn't?

Yes.

My SL has AMG wheels and an AMG exhaust, but that doesn't make it an AMG!

I like the badge on mine thanks

AMG it will never be but I think it looks good and thats all that matters.

The '0' off the ML350 actually started to fall off and at one point was hanging on with some 3m tape so off it came.

Anyone who doesn't like it thats fine. Thats why we are all different.

:)

Yes.

My SL has AMG wheels and an AMG exhaust, but that doesn't make it an AMG!

That makes it an sl with AMG styling, which is fine and classy

There was a guy that came in to our work to buy some parts for his 202.
When i went out for the chassis no i had to bite my lip to stop myself from PI**ING myself laughing.
This thing had more chrome on it than a bike from american chopper! It had it separating the rear lights, round the wheelarches and everything.
It even had an M-Sport badge on the back!!!
To quote clarkson it looked like he'd covered it in glue and ram-raded halfords.
We laughed for about an hour after he left :D

One day I am going to rebadge my E220 coupe to E230K. Only because it will have a 230 kompressor engine fitted.:D

I was following a E class in Italy last month and thought it was telling fibs with it's badges, but it apears it was genuine

E220 CDI on left EVO on the right side

That forum is awesome, i sometimes browse it when i get back from work to laugh a bit, absolutely love it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom