Overbadging !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Noticed outside my office a MK1 Mondeo with 24V Turbo badge on the boot with a 1 1/2" exhaust. Twins in the back seat, thier names must have been Dolce and Gabana:p

Annie keeps stopping me from de-badging it, I suspect she thinks that I'd be out causing trouble if it said E300D on the back rather than E55 - it's funny, the current boot badges seem to deter people from trying to prove something at the traffic lights :)

It will get done eventually though

Yes.

My SL has AMG wheels and an AMG exhaust, but that doesn't make it an AMG!

I hang my head in shame and I will remove the AMG badge right now - even though there is 30 mph winds and driving rain. It will be safer out in the rain with the hairdryer then incurring the wrath of the MBClub.

I hang my head in shame and I will remove the AMG badge right now - even though there is 30 mph winds and driving rain. It will be safer out in the rain with the hairdryer then incurring the wrath of the MBClub.
Somehow I get the feeling you might not be going out in that 30mph wind and driving rain. call me a cynic, but there you go.

Regards
John

Do to the proper thing you should be taking this outside with you. But we will let you off this time.

Last edited:
I really don't think the car did that much wrong to deserve to be shot. Maybe just give it a kicking?

I see there are some BRABUS badges for sale on Ebay - what do you think?
No - don't answer that.

Couldnt let this thread carry on without reposting this, note the lack of AMG?

Attachments

• bdg01sg0.jpg
    bdg01sg0.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 69
I really don't think the car did that much wrong to deserve to be shot. Maybe just give it a kicking?

I see there are some BRABUS badges for sale on Ebay - what do you think?
No - don't answer that.

If you put an AMG and a BRABUS badge on then you could try passing it off as a piece of irony.

(The majority of general population have no idea what AMG or BRABUS means. And of those that do, hope that most of them would be clued up enough to spot an out of place badge. So what is the point? :confused: )

Seen that one before too. Only reasonable assumption is that it could have been mis-badged following a repair.

LOL

you cant buy 'C 200' anymore, you have to buy 'CLK 200' and take away the L and K

Just shows that i have to be careful in my job. Especially where brakes and suspension are concerned because some idiots will fit anything you give them, regardless.

:rolleyes:

LOL

you cant buy 'C 200' anymore, you have to buy 'CLK 200' and take away the L and K

Just shows that i have to be careful in my job. Especially where brakes and suspension are concerned because some idiots will fit anything you give them, regardless.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember coming across that somewhere before, I believe that a few badges compe like that...

There's a 10-year-old Audi A4 on my street, wearing Lexus-style rear lights (eurgh), lots of stick-on chrome strips, badly tinted windows, chrome mirrors, terrible aftermarket alloys and (drum roll) an 'MPower' badge on the bootlid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom