Overcharged for ferry - a little help please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tim.100

Car
202&463
I recently booked a car ferry, and told them that my car was a Mercedes C-class. The travel agent said a long vehicle supplement would apply of £13, because my car is apparently 4.6m long. But the manual says that my 202 estate is 4.487m long.

The travel agent understands that I have been overcharged. They have faxed my V5 to the ferry co., who maintain that the car is 4.6m long. Mybe the W203 is, but my car is not!

Is there an online Mercedes specification sheet for the W202 to which I can refer the ferry company? The sites I’ve tried only want to sell me a new car – unsuprisingly.

Thanks in advance

Tim

External dimensions: overall length (mm): 4,506, overall width (mm): 1,720, overall height (mm): 1,425, wheelbase (mm): 2,690, front track (mm): 1,499, rear track (mm): 1,463 and curb to curb turning circle (mm): 10,729

How odd, yet another figure! (4.506m)

we had this, trying to get the Ranger over to Mull. Apparently it was 5.5meters which charged us £146. however, on the day, the loading man measured it with his tape measure, we were under 5meters so I went back to the desk, had them cancel the first bill and booked a new one, £70 all in.

Contact the ferry port and ask them if they measure on arrival! they should and then obviously you have to accept it. But if you car is under 4.6meters you will get money back.

But that is the saloon, I wonder if the estate is either longer or shorter.

Found this its a scan from the original brochure perhaps its of help

W202EstateSpecs.jpg

I recently booked a car ferry, and told them that my car was a Mercedes C-class. The travel agent said a long vehicle supplement would apply of £13, because my car is apparently 4.6m long.

What ferries are those? I usually have to pay a surcharge, but that is only because the car is over 5m long.

What ferries are those? I usually have to pay a surcharge, but that is only because the car is over 5m long.

Condors ferries to the Channel Islands..

That is the American model - I wonder if they have different no.'s?

Gurpz's scan says over 4.5m long, but my manual says 4487mm long. Am ready to haul up the white flag now.

Gurpz's scan says over 4.5m long, but my manual says 4487mm long. Am ready to haul up the white flag now.

Difference could be due to pre facelift and facelift the scan shows the facelift model but more or less the same

Condors ferries to the Channel Islands..

That might be laugh if it's a rough crossing. went from Weymouth to Jersey, late leaving due to technical problem the sea was rough and the captain said we'll try to make the time up. Those 5000 horses really had to work that day...and as it was really rough green was the in colour.:eek:
One highlight was when one particularly big bang sent everything flying off the bar...:D

Have a nice trip..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom