overlooking the obvious

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
DRUK very kindly provided me with MB part numbers for anti-rollbar overhaul kit for my SL . As the car is almost 40 years old I was not expecting them to be readily available and spent a lot of time trawling the internet , to no avail.
In desperation I rang our local MB dealers, Sytner (weston-super-mare ),and was able to order them ready for collection on tuesday. Just goes to show that whilst MB do not always have the bits you expect , they sometimes have the ones you do not expect .

According to clarkson (yep I know) MB stock all the parts for old SL's, apparently you can rebuild the engine for £4k

Daz

Went to our local dealer not so long ago to get a price for a multifunction switch for the 124. Had it in stock. They were so pleased to get rid of it they gave 40% off.

I find for parts they are often the cheapest and you know it's the right bit. It's the labour to fit said part that's crazy.

I find for parts they are often the cheapest and you know it's the right bit. It's the labour to fit said part that's crazy.

Although parts prices have trebled or quadrupled in recent years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom