overnight hotel recommendation nr Strasbourg/Mulhouse area please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Learned friends.
Been driving to Italy for 25 years so very experienced. Used to do in one hit. Not for the last five years or so!!
Have stayed at the Holiday Inn, Mulhouse each time.
Wondering about a slight change for the way back - somewhere in that region roughly as it is around halfway back from Ravenna to Calais. Nothing wrong with the HI, in fact it is excellent - with a suite that sleeps five, pool, underground car ark, for around 225 euros. Like I said, just asking - a recommendation is a recommendation. Don't want a cheapy cheapy one though with stiff sheets though please lol.
For reference, on the way out we are doing two nights - one in Annecy, and one in Lake Como. Both new ones for us.

Cheers

Strasbourg and Mulhouse aren't exactly next to each other?! lol
I've stayed in the IBIS in Mulhouse which had a secure, covered carpark at the rear. Hotel was basic, but comfortable & clean.
Mulhouse also has the Bugatti museum and the train museum, which are ace!

But there are soooo many gorgeous places in the mountains you could stay - or the beautiful Colmar...

Stay at the Metropole Suisse in Lake Como. Eat at Navedano.

Strasbourg is a nice place, but it was too along ago when I last stayed there, but it was somewhere south of the city, and I remember buying lots of wine. :)

Hotel Le Rapp or the Mercure in Colmar are both good bets within easy walking distance of lots of sights and places to eat. Garage at Le Rapp is a bit tight to get into.

Alternatively, Hotel Restaurant Au Riesling in Zellenberg is comfortable and friendly.

Yes I know Strasbourg and Mulhouse are a way apart - was just trying to add weight to the thread title!!
Hotels in Annecy and Como already booked, just this one to go.
All good so far chaps ty

i'm also interested in your recommendations as we will be driving to Lake Garda soon, going via Germany on the way out and staying at a HI near Stuttgart but coming back would like to go back through France and try and get near to the Champagne region for a bit of a busmans holiday.

Thanks

Anyone got anything to add to this? We're off on Sunday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom