Overnight Parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

will9871

Car
W210 320CDI Avantgarde Estate
Hello, could you please provide any pearls of wisdom on an issue that has been bugging me?

Until I have finished building my house I cant really practically park my W210 E320 CDI Estate in my garage so I really have only 2 choices for overnight parking and was wondering which is a better idea.

a) park facing downhill on my paved drive into the garage, the slope however is fairly steep (steep enough that with parking brake fully on and in Park still lurches forward a little bit before stopping)

or

b) on the shortish grass in the flat garden where my in-laws leave their cars overnight (including my Father-in-Law's W210 E220 sedan).

As my car is missing some of it's undertray and sourcing a new one in a place like Hungary is a long chore (which I intend on doing, just have to keep looking for one!) I opted for the paved drive due to fears of condensation and dew producing major rust problems. I'm just a bit concerned at the gradient of the slope being harmful in the longrun to the car.

Which is the best option? Im afraid I can only park downhill as well, as such is the camber at the top of the sloping drive (basement garage) the car will catch and scrape the ground if reversed in, doesn't if driven in normally :dk:

Just chock the wheels :dk:

Doesn't need much of a slope for the car to 'lurch forward' even with the car in P and with the brake on - it's just the movement within the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom