Overpriced or a good deal??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello

JUst so hqappends I drive an ML350 and the wife drives a A210 Evo LWB.

She loves it, and regularly gets over 40mpg (manual) its huge inside, more leg room than the ML (boot not as big) but the seats move or easy to take out if needed.

Goes well also and quite good fun. Rare on the roads and in the two years we have had ours its been cheap (ish) to run.

The only issues I can see are the autos are not menat to be great in this model (from what I have heared) I would actually prefer ours to be auto asd in the wet first gear is useless.

Also check the sunroof, if its the full folding one (again I like this) but as with the ML and C class coupe that this is fitted to they can squeak and expensive to fix)

Other than that my wife would well recommend it, Ours was on 20K when we bought it and I travelled to mainstone to see it (from chester)

Another thought though as selling the ML So soon you will be stung big time, what about LPG and parking sensors. With LPG it will do 40mpg equivalent and I find it quite easy to park as its shape you can see all four corners?
Price wise they do vary all over the place, that model with the low miles and good spec is probably about right but there is still a deal to be had there.

Some pics of wifes..

Collect it......
IMAG3815.jpg

Inside (normal AMG trim)

IMAG3820-1.jpg

DSCF7747.jpg

210side.jpg

hi, and thanks for the info...

wasnt going to sell the ml, i was going to sell my honda and get the A210 for her, and id drive the ml...

not sure what im going to do yet..

Hello

Gets the thumbs up from us very handy little car and also very rare. I've only ever seen two others on the road.

With the kit and wheels etc its hard to tell the age also and with a private it looks great.

The only thing I nottice when jumping out of mine is that it has a harder ride (17" alloys but low profile) torque steer (wife probably never notices this....) ooh and I forget to change gear :) :)

If its near go and see it and have a drive.

Who on earth would spec a black car with that colour interior. It is truly horrible! That colour should only be with a burgundy exterior imho. Sorry - but I think the interior dates the car significantly and also devalues it. In the blurb he's trying to talk up the value but he's battling with something no one can do anything about.:crazy: If it had only been the charcoal and silver leather, that would have been lovely.

Subjective, but I think the bordeaux looks quite funky- unlikely to see another & might appeal to the fairer sex- the size/economy/practicality/manoeuvrability definitely will. The colour is likely to appear darker in the flesh as the pictures look a little overexposed. It is unusual because the colour extends to the steering wheel, gearknob & even the instrument cowl!
The A class is certainly versatile & more spacious internally than its size suggests.
We have the designo (but sombre black & grey) on our B class- well worth it - nicer quality leather, comfier seats & looks more classy.

This price (or lower offer:) ) seems reasonable for this car- good nick & low miles with high spec.

Let us know how you get on!

Last edited:
Nick,

I think you would be very lucky to find one with 19K and that spec for 4K ?

Yes they are about but more likely 50-70K and lower spec.

I think it would be easier to LPG the ML and get some reversing sensors fitted. Their not that big really.

Last edited:
Their not that big really

It has more leg room than my ML or dads new shape E class estate? by far.

OK the boot is much smaller but still enough for a full sized pram, and a weeks worth of shopping. :)

You can even move the split rear seats so the boot larger on one side or the other. Even better the seats click out and you end up with a small van.

As he said this is for his wife and he is happy to use the ML

I like the car but hate the interior too. Much prefer A210AMG's interior above.

I guess the ride of the A class well be better though. ML's don't ride well.

When I had an A160 and an ML350, I thought the ML's ride was excellent.

Now the A160 has been swapped for a C200, I relise just how bad the ML's ride is.

That hardly says much for the A160.

A very hard ride - good on bends, but terrible on potholes.....

I own an ML350 (standard 17" alloys 275 tyres) Dad ownes a E class estate (********** model 320cdi) and I cannot notice a difference on how they ride?

The A class is harder for sure having low profile tyres, but hardly bad? depends what your use to I guess.

OK, so I like the A class and think they get a hard time but when we were looking (or rather me) as my wife was expecting it was different from the normal mummy mobile and very rare.

As I've said it does everything very well, and we are more than happy after 2 years 20K miles.

I also considered the A2 at the time as they are similar? the 1.4Tdi also does 65+ mpg and £35 a year to tax !

I've owned an A2 1.4TDi (90PS) and thought it was a very good car for what I needed it to be (low running costs, small exterior, spacious interior). I personally would not bother with the petrol version, as it's low on power and torque. The A2 does tend to be more expensive than the A-class though......but some say you get what you pay for.

I recommend you test drive one to see how it feels against the A-class and come to your own conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom