Ovingham Bridge, River Tyne

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

regbuser

Car
CLS 350d
oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Was running late on appointments and set the sav for 'direct route' between Prudhoe and Gosforth

Ovingham Bridge

2116006_fbe177d1.jpg

I can confirm that a X218 with 285s on the back doesn't fit very well (or rather, fits very snugly)

It wasn't the stone quoins at each end, nor the 8" high steel rails each side of the track along the bridge that gouged the AMG alloys, no....it was (the stoopid driver) the bloody rivet heads that have left 1/4" divots neatly arced on each spoke

;( ;( ;(

kcufsticks!

Also been caught out. I was in a nearly new hire car - a C350. I drove very carefully across...

I work right next to that, the first time I visited the office I missed the damn turn off and had to go over the bridge - never been over it since (or missed the turn off!)

It wasn't the stone quoins at each end, nor the 8" high steel rails each side of the track along the bridge that gouged the AMG alloys, no....it was (the stoopid driver) the bloody rivet heads that have left 1/4" divots neatly arced on each spoke

One side, or both?

driver's side, will 1/4" gouges buff out??

refurb or new alloy? :dk:

example front and rear, 10 spokes in all

Attachments

• AMG front 1.jpg
    AMG front 1.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 31
  • AMG rear 2.jpg
    AMG rear 2.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 25
Owwww... :wallbash:

Looks fixable to me though.

Cheers,

Plug

thanks guys

I would think the gouges may be too deep for a refurb if a diamond cut finish is still required, paint would be no problem as it can be filled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom