Owner's view needed for magazine feature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My mate scrapped a nice W204 recently , the lady bought it into his garage for MOT and the rear subframe was rotten (a fair few are) It went straight from the ramp to the scrapyard.

Might be worth a bit of investigation for your article .

The OP’s strategy of playing his cards close to his chest is clearly counterproductive and the reason he‘s getting such a poor response from members. 🤨

It's for Diesel and Eco Car magazine - as I mentioned earlier in the thread :)

Eco Car , you want the C220 CDI instead .

1621004410631.png

merc mpg.jpg

It's for Diesel and Eco Car magazine - as I mentioned earlier in the thread :)
I find some of the replies a bit confusing tbh.

you made your intentions clear as far as I can see.

My mate scrapped a nice W204 recently , the lady bought it into his garage for MOT and the rear subframe was rotten (a fair few are) It went straight from the ramp to the scrapyard.

Might be worth a bit of investigation for your article .

Did they ask a dealer about it? Dealer response seems quite random, which itself is annoying, but some pretty old cars have been getting sub-frames replaced FOC.

I also hear anecdotal stories about MB replacing prematurely rotted subframes FOC because quite simply no lack of full MB service history can account for a rotten subframe on a 4 or 5 year old car.

"Sorry Sir we are not replacing this poorly built but important part of your Mercedes Benz because you no longer have it serviced by us .....despite the offending article not being on any of our service schedules.."

" Did he ask the dealer about it ...? " No , he only told me this tale when I asked if I could put my car up on one of his ramps one weekend for a little DIY inspection and to be quite frank both of his workshops are run off their feet with day to day (all marque) service and MOT work the last thing he needs is to start talking to some fool at Mercedes Benz.

I have no doubt he did a bit of research for his customer who then made up her own mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom