Oxford Mercedes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harrim00

Car
E220 cdi sport cab
In the showroom now. Let's see how good they are.

I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts as this is one of my local garages.

I was there last weekend and enquired about buying a B class. Said they'd call me back, which they did, but yesterday, 2 days after I bought a car somewhere else!

Has the cofee cooled down enough to drink it yet?

I can vouch for their service department. Sorted my CLS very, very well. I may use them for other work in the future as they're quite close to me.

All good so far. Was given a C class 250 cdi on a 12 plate as a courtesy car. The 250 has more go than my 220 but hard to tell how different as mine weighs so much more. Not their fault, but I don't like the C Class. Feels very cramped even with the pana roof. Seats are much less comfortable and it doesn't handle anywhere nears as well. Nice to be given this car rather than an A class for example.

I recently bought a new C class from there and I had an excellent service (mostly down to the sales person I had)

All good so far. Was given a C class 250 cdi on a 12 plate as a courtesy car. The 250 has more go than my 220 but hard to tell how different as mine weighs so much more. Not their fault, but I don't like the C Class. Feels very cramped even with the pana roof. Seats are much less comfortable and it doesn't handle anywhere nears as well. Nice to be given this car rather than an A class for example.

your E class cab is built on the C class platform ...

Huge improvement between comfort and environment between the C and the E cab/coupe. Having just chanegd to an E coupe from a C estate, I should know!

C240Sport97 said:

Maybe, but I have just driven both back to back. Both are sport models. The E is on a 61 and the C on a 12. The E corners with much less roll, the seats are significantly better (I suffer with back problems) and even though the C has a pana roof, it is much more spacious and airy in the E. Would like to try the E class cab with the 250 in it as the C has a lot of poke, but as said before, not sure how much of that is down to weight.

This is only a small part of the story. The E coupe is much larger inside than the C class.

The E Coupe Sport seats are exception in terms of comfort and design.

much larger, are you sure?

The E cab is a whole 14mm wider at it's widest internal point, and 16mm narrower at the shoulder. Seats are them same dimension (within 5mm).

Straight off the MB site,

Well what can I say. Jodie helped me out and was fantastic. When I called to say I would have to keep the courtesy car an extra day, they even offered it for another day on top. Rattle has been sorted and the tech was great too. Will have no issues about leaving it with them for its first service in a few months. Will be six months old at the end of July and due a service about then too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom