Oxygen sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peterh3241

Car
E280 CDI 2007
Hi. Am new to the forum. Can anyone please tell me the location of sensor 1 bank 1 oxygen sensor? Have had bad misfire/engine jerking terribly. Even at standstill engine will only rev intermittently. Had diagnostics read with fault code P2A00 come up saying it is the said sensor above. Thankyou.

Hi Peter,
I believe the sensor you are looking for is on the driver side between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic convertor. You'll see it screwed into the exhaust pipe.
The diagram below is for a LHD car.
You are being redirected...

Hi. Am new to the forum. Can anyone please tell me the location of sensor 1 bank 1 oxygen sensor? Have had bad misfire/engine jerking terribly. Even at standstill engine will only rev intermittently. Had diagnostics read with fault code P2A00 come up saying it is the said sensor above. Thankyou.
Hi Peter,
I believe the sensor you are looking for is on the driver side between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic convertor. You'll see it screwed into the exhaust pipe.
The diagram below is for a LHD car.
You are being redirected...
Many thanks. But that doesn't seem to be my model. The e class CDI V6 has only I exhaust downpipe exiting on offside/ drivers side after the turbo. Can't see the sensor anywhere.

02 Sensor showed up on OBD.
Part ordered and after two weeks of searching every bit of the engine and the exhaust, the mechanic and i concluded that the car had only one 02 sensor with a couple of DPF sensors. we literally searched every centimetre of that manifold, engine and exhaust we could only find one 02 sensor. images from internet - google etc... showed more than one sensor but they were no where to be found.

Once that one sensor was changed problem (hesitation/rough idle) solved and car is just scary to drive. too powerful.

you may have the same issue - only one oxygen. other people have commented that the Diesel versions have one sensor which is after the cat with a couple of DPF sensors. the petrol versions apparently have multi sensors. if you search online, the images that come up always show multi sensor - one before the cat and after though.... the one sensor on mine was easily accessible from underneath and easy to change over.

hope it helps

02 Sensor showed up on OBD.
Part ordered and after two weeks of searching every bit of the engine and the exhaust, the mechanic and i concluded that the car had only one 02 sensor with a couple of DPF sensors. we literally searched every centimetre of that manifold, engine and exhaust we could only find one 02 sensor. images from internet - google etc... showed more than one sensor but they were no where to be found.

Once that one sensor was changed problem (hesitation/rough idle) solved and car is just scary to drive. too powerful.

you may have the same issue - only one oxygen. other people have commented that the Diesel versions have one sensor which is after the cat with a couple of DPF sensors. the petrol versions apparently have multi sensors. if you search online, the images that come up always show multi sensor - one before the cat and after though.... the one sensor on mine was easily accessible from underneath and easy to change over.

hope it helps
Many thanks for that. That has just confirmed my thoughts exactly, after much investigation on various forums and oodles of Googles . I shall further post the outcome after looking at car today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom