Some quick background - I'm allergic/sensitive so something used to grow or preserve fruits. More often than not, if I eat the skin of a waxed apple, (or pretty much any fruit that isn't grown in my garden) I end up with an itchy/allergic reaction on the back of my throat. Usually, I can get around this by peeling the fruit, or washing it in absolutely scalding water (doesn't always work, and sometimes can't work for softer fruits). While browsing the darker reaches of the net, I was looking at smaller ozone generators (which I was looking at for cleaning cars); when I stumbled across one designed to clean fruit and veg. The idea is that you put cold water, fruits & veg inside and it "ozonifies" the lot and washes the lot. From a bacterial perspective, it makes sense... but I'm not sure it'll do anything to whatever the fruits are coated with. Any thoughts? I'm a bit skeptical... I thought ozone only affects organic cells? M.