P&O Ferries staff have been made redundant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m not sure cross channel ferry workers necessarily spend that many nights per year out of the U.K.

P&O ferries are a separate company to P&O cruises (whose workers may well meet that criteria).
From what I’ve read, the crew do live aboard the ferries and do rotations e.g. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off.

Surely whatever time a ferry leaves the UK it’s going to be before midnight. 🤷‍♂️
No. If the ferry you work on comes in to the UK at 9pm and leaves at 01:30 then that means you have lost a tax day because you were in the uk.

No. If the ferry you work on comes in to the UK at 9pm and leaves at 01:30 then that means you have lost a tax day because you were in the uk.
I think Darrel was being light hearted because it is always before midnight and always after midnight. I think we knew what you meant about departing on the same day as arrival though.

Well they’ve just had a second ferry detained/impounded due to safety issues.

Quote:-
“ due to "failures on crew familiarisation, vessel documentation and crew training".

Like planes/trains etc, inspectors can board and ask the crew questions about drills/procedures/equipment location/usage - and it’s not something to be learnt overnight.

There is cheap…..
And there is safe…..

The danger is that accountants look at the cost of everything, but don’t always appreciate the value of the human cost units.

Sometimes having a more experienced cost unit becomes much cheaper in the long run. 🤔

(Still hoping to do the European tour we bought the A209 to do….. and I know which company I won’t book on)

(Buying the car in Feb 2020 was a bit of duff timing 🤣🤣 we had planned for a month in Aug to drive to Carcassonne in SW France - interesting history)

(Still hoping to do the European tour we bought the A209 to do….. and I know which company I won’t book on)

(Buying the car in Feb 2020 was a bit of duff timing 🤣🤣 we had planned for a month in Aug to drive to Carcassonne in SW France - interesting history)
I bought my SL in 2017 when I retired, to do road trips....
2017 - France & Germany
2018 - One short trip to Ireland - new grandson
2019 - Sick & dying in-laws
2020 - Covid
2021 - Covid
2022 - Covid, crazy petrol prices & ferry dramas.

My petrol was a little low so I filled up yesterday (~60L) - over £100-00.

If P&O go to the right destination, for the right price, I will use them.

As previously stated, if we intend to boycott P&O because of the way they treated their employees, there are many other companies that we should be boycotting if we are not going to be hypocrites. However, that might impact our lifestyles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom