P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulfoel

Which is the MAF sensor I believe.

Garage has tried cleaning it to no avail. They mentioned replacing some air filter part that can cause it also (£70).

Surely though if anything has caused a problem with the MAF sensor then replacing another part now is too late since its the MAF thats reporting the problem?

Bert Rowe's-Mercedes-Benz 'A'-class info. Mass Air Flow/ECU problems and the alternative to purchasing a new unit costing £1200.00 + Fitting from Mercedes-Benz, Special discounts available to readers of this site on guaranteed repairs. - not too bad here to get the whole ECU repaired.

I just dont want to shell out £70 to find its not that and the MAF is knackered anyway.

If you are getting maf fault codes on a 168 then its very likely the maf
Ecu testing/ ac tronics/ bba reman will all repair these for you

If you are getting maf fault codes on a 168 then its very likely the maf
Ecu testing/ ac tronics/ bba reman will all repair these for you

Yep. Thats the fault code.

Just wondering if theres any mileage in repairing this 'other' thing the garage is on about. Personally, I think the maf is giving out the code so its screwed and not something causing it.

Tried MAT cleaner. Fault still there.

Also, I let it dry but then I did try to start it was problematic. Mssing etc wouldnt start - had to rev it a bit.

Im wondering if it was residue left on from spraying? I guess it proves one hting though the MAF is working a bit.

I guess only thing now is to get ECU repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom