P0101 with new filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smithcd

Car
S212 E220 BluTEC
Hi all
I have changed the air filter (A 0651 094 01 04) on my 62k miles 2015 E220 with a Bosch S0432 and within a few miles a p0101 (MAF sensor) was flagged up and car had reduced power and high shift point. I reset the MIL , checked filter was seated fully and the air airbox was seated squarely. After a few miles the MIL flashed up again with P0101. I replaced the new filter with the old filter and all seems to be well after 100 miles. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong? I had considered getting MAF cleaner but the old filter seems to be working with no faults so my first thought is the new filter is wrong?

Hi all
I have changed the air filter (A 0651 094 01 04) on my 62k miles 2015 E220 with a Bosch S0432 and within a few miles a p0101 (MAF sensor) was flagged up and car had reduced power and high shift point. I reset the MIL , checked filter was seated fully and the air airbox was seated squarely. After a few miles the MIL flashed up again with P0101. I replaced the new filter with the old filter and all seems to be well after 100 miles. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong? I had considered getting MAF cleaner but the old filter seems to be working with no faults so my first thought is the new filter is wrong?
Maybe the new filter is too restrictive?

Or maybe the new filter is suddenly less restrictive and the car needs to be updated that it has a new filter now ?

Or maybe the new filter is suddenly less restrictive and the car needs to be updated that it has a new filter now ?
I was considering that the MAF may need to ‘learn’ the new filter but I couldn’t find a way to reset the MAF. Maybe disconnecting the battery?

I was considering that the MAF may need to ‘learn’ the new filter but I couldn’t find a way to reset the MAF. Maybe disconnecting the battery?
If that’s it I think it’s Star diagnostics or icarsoft might do it .
I wouldn’t do anything until you get an answer from someone who knows though .

OM642 has a filter adaption reset (MAF reset is separate), I guess OM651 might have the same.

OM642 has a filter adaption reset (MAF reset is separate), I guess OM651 might have the same.
Yeah that’s a good call. I saw that for some of the older v6s but can’t see anyone else posting it on the web for the 651. I hope not because I don’t have an Indy with star close to me. The filleted was changed 2 years ago on its last b service and has only covered 20k miles so I don’t think the original filter will be too ditched to make a Hugh leap to the extra flow of a new filter

I am just about to change my air filter (S205 2017 250d) and have no idea how to do this reset. Could anyone help me out? Is it something I can do myself?

I am just about to change my air filter (S205 2017 250d) and have no idea how to do this reset. Could anyone help me out? Is it something I can do myself?
Probably via Star diagnostics?? (Maybe icarsoft later models ?)

Probably via Star diagnostics?? (Maybe icarsoft later models ?)
What is the world coming to when a simple filter change requires a connection to a computer. It is a simple air filter, not some exotic component for the Hubble telescope FFS!

ps. thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom