P0340 camshaft position sensor 'A' circuit Bank 1 location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrBobby

Car
C220 CDI sport 2008
Hi All,

I have a C220 auto w204 diesel 2008, I was driving on the motorway and the EML came on, the car has been sounding slightly louder and slight loss of power recently so I suspected something may be wrong...

The EML went away after 1 day and the fault codes have stored on the ECU.

I have screen shot the codes that came up with the top code being P0340. Does anyone know where the Camshaft position sensor A bank 1 is located? I am thinking of changing the sensor to see if the fault clears, but if anyone has any recommendations or info it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Bobby

35e1358c959acee5b4f19dbb2e083ce1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Probably right on the top of the rocker cover .

Hi All,

I have a C220 auto w204 diesel 2008, I was driving on the motorway and the EML came on, the car has been sounding slightly louder and slight loss of power recently so I suspected something may be wrong...

The EML went away after 1 day and the fault codes have stored on the ECU.

I have screen shot the codes that came up with the top code being P0340. Does anyone know where the Camshaft position sensor A bank 1 is located? I am thinking of changing the sensor to see if the fault clears, but if anyone has any recommendations or info it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Bobby

35e1358c959acee5b4f19dbb2e083ce1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hi. I have the same engine and same code just came up. Did you ever fix the problem and if so did you find out where the sensor was located? Cheers

Hi. I have the same engine and same code just came up. Did you ever fix the problem and if so did you find out where the sensor was located? Cheers
It's directly above a camshaft normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom