P0426 Fault Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nytram

Car
mercedes cls
Hi all
I am hoping someone can help me, I have a 2012 cls350 and recently EML has come on, i have used an OBD diagnostic tool and it brings up the code P0426 Powertrain Catalyst Temperature Sensor Range/ Performance (Bank1 ) Code. I am looking for 2 things , 1. An approx cost before i go to a garage. and 2. A reputable garage in the South Wales area. the car is reasonably new to me ( bought 3months ago ) and with lockdowns and restrictions not had chance to find a decent garage as of yet. Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Hi all
I am hoping someone can help me, I have a 2012 cls350 and recently EML has come on, i have used an OBD diagnostic tool and it brings up the code P0426 Powertrain Catalyst Temperature Sensor Range/ Performance (Bank1 ) Code. I am looking for 2 things , 1. An approx cost before i go to a garage. and 2. A reputable garage in the South Wales area. the car is reasonably new to me ( bought 3months ago ) and with lockdowns and restrictions not had chance to find a decent garage as of yet. Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
Not sure if you have found anyone yet, but about an hours drive from you (over the bridge) is Avantgrde in Clevedon:

Avantgarde Automotive​

Unit 14 Hither Green Industrial Estate
Clevedon
North Somerset
BS21 6XU

Well the code is telling you it is a Cat sensor,now these can be taken out and cleaned before you get into the realms of buying and fitting a new sensor,you need to get it to a MB indy with Star,because this can snowball into serious money without knowing what has gone wrong.

i have the exact same fault let me know how you get on

Well the code is telling you it is a Cat sensor,now these can be taken out and cleaned before you get into the realms of buying and fitting a new sensor,you need to get it to a MB indy with Star,because this can snowball into serious money without knowing what has gone wrong.

do you have a idea where the location would be I can see three sensors? attached to manifold exhaust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom