P0705: Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction (PRNDL Input)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikiSpaga

Car
E350 2012 Estate
Hello folks,

Thanks for having me here, first post so please be kind :)

I was traveling to London yesterday from Warwick. did the round trip back also.
Nothing out of the ordinari, 60-70 mph. no hard push, no hard break etc.

Check engine light came on. Put the cheap obd it showed the subject error.
Now, the car does not judder, have any kind of shock shift.
Only symptom I see is the fact that it tends to no have the same pull. it goes up in revs, it goes up in acceleration but at a slower pace.
Throttle did not seem to vary. or have problems when shifting.

Now, I just want some opinions so I can narrow it down before the electrician trip.

I did the gearbox servicing at the dealership. 9L of oil changed, filter also. Have the receipt. is this something I can claim on warranty?
If not, how can I narrow it down to try to change only what needs to, and how can I keep the car still running? is it a long repair? can it be done in a day?

Thanks

the car in question is an 2011, c250, 2.1 biturbo diesel estate 204bhp automatic

I got the car looked at by an auto electrician. found that the same error. Now, he recommended me changing the electronics board, which will need programming in. the sensor itself and other bits and pieces. The whole job would go for over 1000 pounds.

Mercedes have not yet given me a quote as they want me to drop off the car for 1 day just for diagnosis. and I`m a bit car reliant for work.

Any advices? Mercland have said that they do not do jobs like these any more.

Well have you got a warranty on the car,you need to get it on star at a indy to find out just what is going on.I take it as you mention Mercland that you bought the car from them do you have a warranty,that might help with the cost of the repair.

Well have you got a warranty on the car,you need to get it on star at a indy to find out just what is going on.I take it as you mention Mercland that you bought the car from them do you have a warranty,that might help with the cost of the repair.
No, Mercland is what I got as a recommendation for a non merc dealership. I do have one of those addon warranty. like RCA. I will have to probably get it sorted at mercedes on the warranty and stop warring about it. only thing is that I can`t seem to find a car replacement from the dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom