p0730 inncorrect gear ratio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

popes11

Car
r class
Got the ABS light ESP light come on my R class . Car would get to 5mph and would get a crunch like the ABS stopping the car. After much searching I came to the conclusion that it was either the wheel speed sensor or the magnet in the wheel bearing. One of the members on here had saw the problem before and my local indi confirmed he had saw the problem before.

So in order to get the car driving I unplugged the wheel speed sensor. Gave the car a wee test drive tonight prior to taking it to the garage for the wheel bearing. The gears felt clunky and the steering went heavy as in felt like power steering was gone. Turned the car off left it for 5 mins. Steering was back normal but car not going into gear. Got the error code P0730 inncorret gear ratio. Noticed below the car last week there was a slight drip coming from below the gear box. I was going to get the garage to look at this at the same time. Not much of a leak probably the size of a few 10p over the space of a few days.

Any ideas? Hoping the leek just needs fixed and fluid topped up with the wheel bearing changed over. Probably going to get it lifted and taken to garage don't fancy driving it as I will probably do more damage.

ps the transmission fluid was changed at 40k the car is at 77k.

further wee 20 metre test drive. Going into gear but gearbox feels like it is forcing itself into gear as the car gives slight shudder. Doing a bit of reading and these gear boxes are sensitive to fluid loss. Thinking it needs the leek fixed and fluid topped up. Question is would I cause damage by driving the car when it appear to need fluid topped up.

Yes!

Do not drive it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom