P1354-064

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simzy

Banned
Car
C220
Any one what this means .. Car won't start when hot .. And is currently in soft limp mode. Thinking it may be the camshaft sensor ?!? Any one got this code before ..??

Attachments

• image-1601886745.jpg
    image-1601886745.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 28
Using the Mercedes STAR diagnostic code numbers, the code P1354 relates to the following:

P1354 deflection angle between camshaft and crankshaft
P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft Frequency of camshaft signal is too high.
P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft Main injection correction is faulty.
P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft No camshaft signal.
P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft No crankshaft signal.
P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft Plausibility
P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft The flow limiter has been activated.

The "car won't start when it's hot" is typical of a faulty crankshaft sensor, but someone with far more experience of these codes would know if a faulty camshaft sensor will give the same symptom.

Does the code come back if it is cleared and you drive the car?

AMGeed said:
Using the Mercedes STAR diagnostic code numbers, the code P1354 relates to the following: P1354 deflection angle between camshaft and crankshaft P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft Frequency of camshaft signal is too high. P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft Main injection correction is faulty. P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft No camshaft signal. P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft No crankshaft signal. P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft Plausibility P1354 Synchronization between crankshaft and camshaft The flow limiter has been activated. The "car won't start when it's hot" is typical of a faulty crankshaft sensor, but someone with far more experience of these codes would know if a faulty camshaft sensor will give the same symptom. Does the code come back if it is cleared and you drive the car?

It will start when it's cold and not miss a beat. When the car gets around 80 degrees it goes in to soft limp mode. I have cleared the code and it does come back eventually. I carry my diagnostic in the car so if it goes in to limp I just plug it in to check and this code comes up. I'm thinking it might be the camshaft sensor but don't want to chuck £100 odd at it and be wrong. Bit lost at what to do ?!?

As I understand it, the rev counter takes its signal from the crank position sensor (cps).

When the car is hot and won't start, look for the rev counter needle jumping slightly during cranking, that would indicate that the cps is ok..........but if the needle is still, then I would suspect the cps to be faulty (not the camshaft position sensor)

panason1c said:
As I understand it, the rev counter takes its signal from the crank position sensor (cps). When the car is hot and won't start, look for the rev counter needle jumping slightly during cranking, that would indicate that the cps is ok..........but if the needle is still, then I would suspect the cps to be faulty (not the camshaft position sensor)

The needle jumps up and it cranks but it will not catch. Could it be the flywheel ? Damaged somehow ?

Could it be the flywheel ? Damaged somehow ?

I doubt it..... the cps is probably ok then.

Probably have to trust the codes flagged and go for the camshaft sensor.

panason1c said:
I doubt it..... the cps is probably ok then. Probably have to trust the codes flagged and go for the camshaft sensor.

Do you think I could whip it out and spray some electrical contact cleaner on it. Give it a good spraying and put it back or will this make it worse ?

Do you think I could whip it out and spray some electrical contact cleaner on it. Give it a good spraying and put it back or will this make it worse ?

Nothing to lose by trying that, though I doubt it will help as its probably knackered internally....it won't make it any worse than it already might be.

panason1c said:
Nothing to lose by trying that, though I doubt it will help as its probably knackered internally....it won't make it any worse than it already might be.

Ok thanks for the advice . Will have to just buy a new one .. Will let you know how I get on ..

It's a Hall Effect sensor (think magnetic fields), and WD40 is not going to fix it!

panason1c said:

You were right it did nothing .. I think the heat of the engine fries them after a while. I bought a cheap sensor to test it and if it is the problem I will buy an oem one .

Thanks for the update, glad it's all sorted now.

Problem solved with new sensor but upon replacing the sensor I snapped the head off the bolt that holds it in. Tried to drill it out but it won't budge. Drilled a new hole next to it for a new screw and snapped that one off too. I have driven car hard and the sensor has not moved so hopefully should be ok :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom